Register now to remove this ad

Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123
Results 1,831 to 1,841 of 1841

Thread: The Alex Cora Managerial Decision Thread

On pace for only 114 wins. DFA Cora.
    "Let's go!" - Joseph Kelly Jr

Cora's pregame interview yesterday after 3 straight losses, in which he began with a story about how much fun it was to watch his twins trying to dunk a basketball, seems so representative of why this team has been playing so well all year.

Apparently, this type of leadership was missing last year in Farrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Cora's pregame interview yesterday after 3 straight losses, in which he began with a story about how much fun it was to watch his twins trying to dunk a basketball, seems so representative of why this team has been playing so well all year.

Apparently, this type of leadership was missing last year in Farrell.
    I loved that story. It's easy to forget that these guys are human beings with families. They don't exist just for us to go on about. the story about Cora and his twins should help to put into perspective what is really important.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    I loved that story. It's easy to forget that these guys are human beings with families. They don't exist just for us to go on about. the story about Cora and his twins should help to put into perspective what is really important.
    I agree. There just seems to be en aura of a genuine personality with Cora, and I think it has rubbed off on the team as a whole.

I felt something was missing last year, and it was hard to put into words. I called it "lack of fire and desire," but I'm not sure that captured it.

I'm super pleased with Cora and his staff. DD should also be commended on picking up so many pieces that filled our greatest needs (JD, Pearce, Brasier, Kinsler & Moreland)..

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    It's easy to forget that these guys are human beings with families.
    First we get Robot Umps.
    then we get Robot Players. problem solved.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I agree. There just seems to be en aura of a genuine personality with Cora, and I think it has rubbed off on the team as a whole.

I felt something was missing last year, and it was hard to put into words. I called it "lack of fire and desire," but I'm not sure that captured it.
    Based on the comments that have come out it seems that the players weren't having much fun last year.

winning = fun

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    First we get Robot Umps.
    then we get Robot Players. problem solved.
    And the game can be played for robot fans...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    And the game can be played for robot fans...
    it may already be. my DVR watches every pitch, mound visit, pitching change, commercial, lenny clark interview.
    i only watch the pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Based on the comments that have come out it seems that the players weren't having much fun last year.
    I get the impression that last year, there was a lot of focus, from Farrelll, on individual player's stats and performance, in particular their 'failures'. That would certainly make things less fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I get the impression that last year, there was a lot of focus, from Farrelll, on individual player's stats and performance, in particular their 'failures'. That would certainly make things less fun.
    Plus the incidents that seemed so poorly handled and hung over the team like a black cloud.