Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2018 Yankees DL list

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Sabathia coming back , but for how long ? Fat , pot - bellied , out of shape , soft tossing veteran. New York's rotation is a mess. Where are Adams , Sheffield and the rest of their much ballyhooed pitching phenoms? The ship is taking on water.
    Who knows how long he returns for. He was able to go for 140+IP last year and was our second best starters in the postseason. I'll take that again. The rotation is the same one that got us to Game 7 of the ALCS. The problem is small sample sizes and some early command issues. Sevy has been dominant in 3 of 4 starts. Montgomery has been himself for 2 of 3. Gray has had one good, one poor and one horrible start with lack of command early on. Tanaka has two good and two bad starts so far. CC hasn't given long innings (one start left due to injury, last night due to pitch count coming off injury at 70 pitches and 5IP in first start of season), but he has been effective in his short work. Even with all the inconsistencies and the weather, we are exactly in the middle of the pack in terms of starters ERA in the AL and I anticipate that to improve with the weather. Either way, saying we are taking on water is just dumb. Our starters haven't been great, but they've only knocked us out of a few games themselves. Our pen has been shaky, but you have to figure that'll get turned around. We are going to be 90+ wins this year, bank on it. Your team has started hot, but they're primed to rebound. When they do, we will be there
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Who knows how long he returns for. He was able to go for 140+IP last year and was our second best starters in the postseason. I'll take that again. The rotation is the same one that got us to Game 7 of the ALCS. The problem is small sample sizes and some early command issues. Sevy has been dominant in 3 of 4 starts. Montgomery has been himself for 2 of 3. Gray has had one good, one poor and one horrible start with lack of command early on. Tanaka has two good and two bad starts so far. CC hasn't given long innings (one start left due to injury, last night due to pitch count coming off injury at 70 pitches and 5IP in first start of season), but he has been effective in his short work. Even with all the inconsistencies and the weather, we are exactly in the middle of the pack in terms of starters ERA in the AL and I anticipate that to improve with the weather. Either way, saying we are taking on water is just dumb. Our starters haven't been great, but they've only knocked us out of a few games themselves. Our pen has been shaky, but you have to figure that'll get turned around. We are going to be 90+ wins this year, bank on it. Your team has started hot, but they're primed to rebound. When they do, we will be there
    Won't other teams' starters "improve with the weather" as well?

Not every team is in the northeast

A whole thread dedicated to whiny excuses.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Won't other teams' starters "improve with the weather" as well?
    I thought it was hitters that improve with the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    A whole thread dedicated to whiny excuses.
    Wrong

I created the thread to track the hospital like environment in the yankee clubhouse at the beggining of the season

I heard Ellsbury has another injury: "Plantar fasciitis"

The new "american idle", at this pace he will beat Pavano with his DL trips

It's actually better for the roster that Ellsbury is on the DL. We don't really need 5 OFers on the 25.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Not every team is in the northeast
    Not every mid or southern state is warm in April.
    Last edited by moonslav59; 04-20-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Maybe the Yankees will be at full strength in time for a one game , wild card playoff with the Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    It's actually better for the roster that Ellsbury is on the DL. We don't really need 5 OFers on the 25.
    That says it all about Jacoby's current value.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    That says it all about Jacoby's current value.
    Yep

terible contract but it's becoming one of the worst contracts in yankee history (we have quite a few)

I saw an article with some good things to say about Frazier, I hope he comes back soon. He needs to be ready for the next Hicks injury, I know I'm being pessimistic, but unles Hicks starts showing some durability he will be injury prone in my book