Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Yankee Prospect Thread

Torres got his first hit, I hope he relaxes and starts showing his talent

The kid has the talent, but you could definitely see he was nervous.
    Hal sucks

Erik Swanson has been killing it in AA. He was acquired with Dillon Tate for Carlos Beltran. He's a 24yr old, tall, strong RHP capable of topping out at 98mph, but was hit pretty hard in A+ in 2017 and that caused him to drop off the Yankee prospect map altogether. This year, he is starting in Trenton and is just mowing guys down. His line through 4 starts is impressive. 20.2IP 11H 2ER 7BB 30K. I anticipate he wont be in AA for long
    Hal sucks

Legend
    Going to game this Afternoon at Pawtucket, Sheffield is suppose to get his Triple AAA debut.

You’re in for a treat. Everything moves. Velocity is high. Command is a work in progress. He’s a legit prospect, one who could be in the Bronx soon

Legend
    Saw Sheffield last year, in Double AA, then today at Triple AAA, had 1st inning jitters, and some wildness, as expected. Then settled down, and looked good. Very good.
    I go to more Double AA games, because stadium is so close in Ct. Just felt like getting out today, McCoy a nice Stadium
    Minor League Baseball Rocks!

Clint Frazier is killing the ball in AAA. .362 with a 1.125 OPS in 47 ABs since he returned from a concussion. He doesn’t really have a spot unless Hicks continues not to hit.

Pitching is rounding into form.

Dillon Tate has been solid around one bad start and a DL stint.
    Abreu is finally back from his injury (I think it was back) and has been dominant. He needs a call-up to AA.
    Sheffield went down with "shoulder tightness" although he was pissed he was pulled and then DL'd. His managed expects only one missed start.
    Domingo Acevedo had a rough beginning. He made it through 2 starts then went to the DL with a blister issue. He was ready to return when he was hit in the head in batting practice by an errant ball and is working through a concussion.
    Erik Swanson has been otherworldly dominant. 5-0, 0.52ERA 11.4K/9IP 4K/BB 0.84WHIP. 0HR in 34.2IP. He is climbing up prospect boards significantly with his high 90s sinker/slider combo
    Trevor Stephan has been lights out. 1.85ERA, 0.79WHIP, 38-9 K-BB in 34IP.
    Dalton Lehnen has been lights out. 2.14ERA 36-4 K-BB 0.89WHIP in 33.2IP.

On a down note, Glen Otto and Freicer Perez are on the DL. Otto had a solid 2 starts before hitting the DL. Perez had a velo drop and a loss of command before hitting the DL. I am concerned the latter might have something more serious, but no reports on the injuries released to this point. Matt Sauer didn't make a long season team. Sounds like they are taking it easy with him and will put him in a short season league for 2018. Clarke Schmidt is almost ready to return to the mound after TJS last year. We went pitcher heavy in the 2017 draft and already have seen positive returns with Lehnen and Stephan while Otto was making a name for himself before injury. The fact that we are seeing good things out of these guys and the top two draft picks haven't even played in long season games this year tells of how solid the Yanks draft was.
    Hal sucks

Clint gets the call up. I'm guessing Hale gets DFA'd... unless someone is injured that we don't know about.

I forgot about Chance Adams. He’s been scuffling this year

Where is Ellsbury?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Who?

Legend
    Keeping an eye on this. Last year read an article that Yanks A+ Team had the best arms in the entire A+ teams throughout Country. (Wish I saved it) Well, looking at the Eastern League Pitching for the Teams, looks like Trenton, is dominating so far here. Many of these A+ kids got promoted, to Trenton.
    Last year Trenton's team was the best in the Eastern League in team Pitching. Again dominated. Those kids got moved to the tougher Triple AAA League.
    As a friendly adversary, this is really concerning me. Sox have squat, in the Minors to help out in the Majors within 3 years.
    I laugh when I hear this current Sox Team has a 3-5 year window now. It starts with Pitching. A bad Draft this year for the Sox, and start getting a lot talent flowing into Pitching, we are going to be in trouble within 3 years, maybe less.
    There's always money I guess.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 05-17-2018 at 11:35 AM.

We are loaded with arms. It’s not just Trenton. One of our best arms stayed behind in Tampa in Abreu. Loaisiga jumped some guys and went to AA before going on the DL. It’s really impressive what Cash and Opp have done building our pitching. I’d like to see them re-stock our position player prospects, although I understand the prior direction. Where are we going to play them all?

It's really exciting to see all those arms, but the risk is to start losing them in the draft, I hope they can use some of them for a FO starting pitcher, I'd hate to lose some of them for nothing, at least high end talent in lower minors