Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Yankee Prospect Thread

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Yankees trade 10th rounder from 2017, Chad Whitmer, to the Brewers for INTL signing money
    I'm hoping we can spin Cortes off to the O's for some IFA money.

Me too. There are plenty of guys we have who could make a big league team who have no shot in this system. I’d like to see Lail go as well.

Btw, when KRob moves on at season’s end, I see Carroll ascending into the pen and Holder moving up in the pecking order of setup men. Carroll has been dominating. His stuff is filthy. High velocity plus knee buckling breaking ball. Command needs some more work, but he doesnt get hit at all and has 39K’s in only 28IP in AAA.

Yankees sign #9, 10, 11, and 29 on MLB.com top 30 INTL prospects

Also signed Luis Severino's younger brother. That would be something if he developed into a big leaguer.

BA has the following
    Osiel Rodriguez RHP- #5 prospect
    Antonio Gomez C- #14 prospect
    Denny Larrondo, RHP- #43 prospect
    Agustin Ramirez, C- #48 prospect

They don't have Alcantara signing yet but MLB says he will sign in 10 days when he is eligible. They have Alcantara #4

A few blurbs on each guy
    Kevin Alcantara- big framed CF who can run. Knack for lift, good bat speed, ceiling is a 5 tool CFer with power
    Osiel Rodriguez- big arm for a 16 yr old, tops out 97, sits low to mid 90s. Strike thrower with variable arm slots.
    Antonio Gomez- catcher with 80 arm and remarkable quickness behind the plate. Some receiving issues at present. Gap to gap power
    Agustin Ramirez- bat shows significant power potential. Bat is ahead of the glove at present behind the dish
    Denny Larrondo- RHP with a wicked curve, good control and a fastball that tops out at 94.
    Hal sucks

Ho hum, Sheffield throws another gem. He's on cruise control now
    Hal sucks

Yankees sign #9, 10, 11, and 29 on MLB.com top 30 INTL prospects
    This is starting to piss me off. Where are all the small market teams with worse records and bigger international budgets? They should be signing these guys, not the Yankees.

And now it sounds like the Yankees are going to sign another really good international prospect due to recent trades for international slot money.

The Red Sox don't seem to be overly active on the international front, unless I missed some news on this.

Are the Sox still in the penalty? If they aren’t, they could be stocking up for Mesa

Keep an eye on Roansy Contreras. 18 y o Dominican who came stateside this year and he was just promoted to long season. He was drafted 90-91 with a plus curve. Now he’s 94-96 with a wipeout curve and a developing change. He’s murderering guys 3-4 years his senior.

Yankees signed Alex Vargas, the 16 yr old Cuban SS, for $2.5 mil yesterday. He’s got an advanced hit tool with 60 speed and elite defensive skills. He brings the total to 5 on the MLB.com top 30 list that the Yanks signed. 8, 10, 11, 12, and 30

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018/?list=int
    Last edited by jacksonianmarch; 08-01-2018 at 08:25 AM.

Yankees signed Alex Vargas, the 16 yr old Cuban SS, for $2.5 mil yesterday. He’s got an advanced hit tool with 80 speed and elite defensive skills. He brings the total to 5 on the MLB.com top 30 list that the Yanks signed. 8, 10, 11, 12, and 30

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018/?list=int
    And the rich just keep on getting richer baby!

Hey bkz, take a look at the GCL West squad and look at Cabello, Rosario, Chirinos, and Garcia. Cabello is killing it, but theyre all holding their own at 17 stateside. Maybe the best of them all, Salinas, is on the shelf with a hand injury. The INTL market will bring the position players back to prominence in this system
    Hal sucks

Hey bkz, take a look at the GCL West squad and look at Cabello, Rosario, Chirinos, and Garcia. Cabello is killing it, but theyre all holding their own at 17 stateside. Maybe the best of them all, Salinas, is on the shelf with a hand injury. The INTL market will bring the position players back to prominence in this system
    Lots of promise with those guys. The guy who I thought would really shine was Ezequiel Duran, but he's been pretty bad so far. Still tons of time to turn it around though.

Duran was absolutely awful in June. He’s been holding his own in July. I thought he’d break out a bit, but he just turned 19, so he has time to develop.