Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2018 Yankee Prospect Thread

There is speculation that C.Adams will get the start on Saturday against the Red Sox. Wow. Of course, the Yankees would first have to put Adams on the 40 man roster but they do have a spot.

Sheffield can't go on Saturday--I believe he pitched Thursday night. In contrast, Adams is scheduled to pitch in AAA on Saturday.

It is also possible that the Yankees will go with a bullpen game on Saturday. Nothing official yet, but Lynn and Cessa definitely aren't pitching on Saturday.
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 08-03-2018 at 12:57 AM.

I've been on the road traveling with family, but I did scratch my head over the Yankee deals.

Adam Warren for slot money. 1.6 WAR since 2017 (2.45 ERA and 1.02 WHIP)

How much did you guys lose in farm depth with the Lynn and other deals?

Not much in farm depth. We dealt off lower level guys. What fucking baffles the shit out of me is why Sheff is still in the minors. The guy is left handed, which the Sox donít do well against, heís been entirely dominant and is gaining nothing from the minors. Chance has been inconsistent at best in AAA this year, yet heís coming off his best start (7.1IP 0ER). I donít think itís a good matchup for a kid whoís developed command issues

High A Tampa Yankees lost in extra innings while throwing a no hitter. How crazy is that.

On the bright side, Deivi Garcia continued to dominate, throwing 7 IP, 0 H, 0 BB, 12 Ks

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    High A Tampa Yankees lost in extra innings while throwing a no hitter. How crazy is that.

On the bright side, Deivi Garcia continued to dominate, throwing 7 IP, 0 H, 0 BB, 12 Ks
    That is crazy. It's the kind of thing that makes baseball the best sport in the world.

Deivi Garcia, Clarke Schmidt and Roansy Contreras are jumping up prospect lists. They made Tate and the other pitchers expendable.

Sheff goes another 5 scoreless. That brings his total up to 107IP. The kid hasnít gone past 130 IP his MILB career. My bet is theyíll let him go 5-6IP per start for his next 3 starts then get him a start or two in the playoffs which should get him over 130IP. Then heíll head to the AFL where heíll get another 20-30 IP which should allow him to get up to the 150-160 mark on the year. This would put him in the 180-190 category for next season, which should squarely put him into our rotation plans. With Lynn and Happ in the rotation and the rest of the guys seeming healthy, I think theyíre sticking with Sheffís development

Sheff goes another 5 scoreless. That brings his total up to 107IP.

Wow, 107 scoreless innings. He should be in the bigs!

(LOL)

Iím perplexed by the BA ranking of our system then the write ups. They donít jive. We have one of the deepest systems in baseball. We have low minors guys breaking radar guns. High velocity kids at young ages, so many itís insane per Josh Norris. Yet because we graduate Torres and Andujar, we drop to 17th? MLB pipeline has us at 10, which I think is a bit more reasonable.

BA has separated itself out by listing farm systems as listing farm systems with the most proximal impact. I get that, but say that outright. Donít just slam a farm for having graduated players and having a really deep lower level pool that hasnít had the chance to move up yet. Either way, the pundits are saying what Iíve been saying here. The depth is ridiculous and part of the reason why we parted with some prospect who were at the upper levels so we could make room for those guys coming up

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I’m perplexed by the BA ranking of our system then the write ups. They don’t jive. We have one of the deepest systems in baseball. We have low minors guys breaking radar guns. High velocity kids at young ages, so many it’s insane per Josh Norris. Yet because we graduate Torres and Andujar, we drop to 17th? MLB pipeline has us at 10, which I think is a bit more reasonable.

BA has separated itself out by listing farm systems as listing farm systems with the most proximal impact. I get that, but say that outright. Don’t just slam a farm for having graduated players and having a really deep lower level pool that hasn’t had the chance to move up yet. Either way, the pundits are saying what I’ve been saying here. The depth is ridiculous and part of the reason why we parted with some prospect who were at the upper levels so we could make room for those guys coming up
    I think the ranking is fair. We have tons of highly talented prospects who are Single A or lower. We don't really have many impact prospects at higher levels. There's Sheffield. Mike King has kinda burst onto the scene this year as well. But other than that our top higher level guys have had down years or have been injured.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/13/its-be...is-underrated/

This is the article I am referencing where the NY Post interviewed Norris and Callis. I don't know how you can say a farm system is among the deepest in the game then rank them in the bottom half. I don't get that comment. I understand that proximity is important, but making that comment is confusing

Here is Callis' quote “I still think they have one of the deepest systems in baseball,” said MLB Pipeline’s Jim Callis

How do you say that then rank them 17th? I don't understand it

Here is a Norris quote. “They have so many guys who throw mid- to upper 90s, it’s kind of insane,” Norris said
    The rebuild is complete.