Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Hello from the UK

Hello from the UK

Hi all

As you can probably tell i’m A Red Sox fan based over the pond in England.

Starting following Red Sox in 09, watched fever pitch on a flight back from a holiday, I tend to lean towards teams with passionate fans, fever pitch showed me that’s exactly what Red Sox fans are like( I already had an understanding as I was in NY in 03 during that series and can remember the news channels showing how distraught Boston was). Ever since then I’ve been hooked.

As a kid I actually got into baseball in 93 but drifted away when the players strike happened in the mid 90’s.

Hate the Yankees and have a not much less hate for Orioles after the way they celebrated stopping us making the playoffs when we collapsed there on the last day in 2011, and the Yankees conveniently collapsed in TB.

Favourite ever player in my time as a Red Sox fan....David Ortiz.
    Favourite players (but before my time)...... Pedro Martinez, Kurt Shilling.
    Favourite players in current team.......Hanley Ramirez, Dustin Pedroia, Mookie Betts, Chris Sale, Xander Boegarts.
    Most disliked player full stop....Jacoby Ellsbury

As I am writing this Martinez has blasted his first homer for us, Boegarts has hit a a grand slam and we are crushing TB. A good omen on my account being activated. I initially joined on opening day to let some steam off after the Joe Kelly collapse 😀

This season....if we can keep the rotation fit, we have a real shot, we have quality all over the ball park with some real batting power, especially like how Devers and Nunez look like they will be the real deal.

Let’s go Red Sox!

Welcome to the Rogue State of Red Sox Nation.

Now go down another Abbott Ale and enjoy!
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Welcome to the Rogue State of Red Sox Nation.

Now go down another Abbott Ale and enjoy!
    Thanks!
    I’m more of a Guinness man I’m hoping with all the Irish connections in Boston i’ll able to get plenty of it when I get out there for some games

Welcome UKRedSoxFan!

It sounds like you would fit right in here.

Welcome, UK.

Looking forward to some lively conversations.

Welcome, chap! I like your story, and how you came to be. Look forward to arguing with you incessantly
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Finally, someone else who might understand my passionate dislike of the Welsh.

Not really, the Welsh are fine. Seriously, welcome to TalkSox.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Thanks all!