Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: run support for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Acronyms are out of hand.

When I first saw FTFY I didn't think it meant Fixed That For You. I thought it meant Fuck That Fuck You.
    Hahaha! I’m dying over here.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Welcome to the internet baby boomers. Now fuck right off.
    As a septuagenarian, I'm a bit removed from those in the baby boomer category, but your enlightened view is duly noted.

it will be interesting to see if Sale gets frustrated if he continues to receive minimal run support and continues to receive no-decisions. he is still yet to get paid so although wins dont mean much to us astute TS forum members something tells me his agent would like him to get a heap of them.....
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by dustcover View Post
    As a septuagenarian, I'm a bit removed from those in the baby boomer category, but your enlightened view is duly noted.
    You must be an old setpuagenerian. My dad's almost 73, and he's a baby boomer
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

In case anyone was wondering

septuagenarian

Meaning:

1. Type of endangered, amphibious canine common around 1200 AD.

2. Obscure Free Mason Chapter. Also common around 1200 AD

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    it will be interesting to see if Sale gets frustrated if he continues to receive minimal run support and continues to receive no-decisions. he is still yet to get paid so although wins dont mean much to us astute TS forum members something tells me his agent would like him to get a heap of them.....
    I got to repeat - Everything we have seen from him so far is that he just wants to win. If he keeps pitching like he has for basically his whole career, he will get his payday. I hope that it is with Boston.

I hope this guy finishes his career with the Sox...

Chris Freakin' Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    You must be an old setpuagenerian. My dad's almost 73, and he's a baby boomer
    Yes indeed your dad is a qualified septuagenarian, and a legitimate 'baby boomer' if born in 1946. If born in 1945, he would be included in a distinctively different category.

Almost exactly nine months after World War II ended, “the cry of the baby was heard across the land,” as historian Landon Jones later described the trend. More babies were born in 1946 than ever before: 3.4 million, 20 percent more than in 1945. This was the beginning of the so-called “baby boom.” In 1947, another 3.8 million babies were born; 3.9 million were born in 1952; and more than 4 million were born every year from 1954 until 1964, when the boom finally tapered off. By then, there were 76.4 million “baby boomers” in the United States. They made up almost 40 percent of the nation’s population.

Having been born in 1941, I'm a proud member of the Silent Generation that was made up of about 50 million children born between 1925 and 1945. Children from this group were plagued with war and economic instability as a result of the Great Depression.

So if your dad was born in 1945, he too would be categorized as a member of the Silent Generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp9 View Post
    In case anyone was wondering

septuagenarian

Meaning:

1. Type of endangered, amphibious canine common around 1200 AD.

2. Obscure Free Mason Chapter. Also common around 1200 AD
    3. A person between the age of 70 and 79. (And often possessing a vast degree of wisdom.)

from Latin septuagenarius (based on septuaginta ‘seventy’)

3. A person between the age of 70 and 79. (And often possessing a vast degree of wisdom.)

from Latin septuagenarius (based on septuaginta ‘seventy’)
    I didn’t think it was #1 either: 99DDAB30-BFB8-41C6-A3B3-1BD6AFF53461.jpg

We’ll go with #3 then

Sale can’t catch a break. 7IP 3ER 10K and his team gets no hit

Just good old buzzard luck. The principle of randomness says this will correct itself.

Legend
    Yes indeed your dad is a qualified septuagenarian, and a legitimate 'baby boomer' if born in 1946. If born in 1945, he would be included in a distinctively different category.

Almost exactly nine months after World War II ended, “the cry of the baby was heard across the land,” as historian Landon Jones later described the trend. More babies were born in 1946 than ever before: 3.4 million, 20 percent more than in 1945. This was the beginning of the so-called “baby boom.” In 1947, another 3.8 million babies were born; 3.9 million were born in 1952; and more than 4 million were born every year from 1954 until 1964, when the boom finally tapered off. By then, there were 76.4 million “baby boomers” in the United States. They made up almost 40 percent of the nation’s population.

Having been born in 1941, I'm a proud member of the Silent Generation that was made up of about 50 million children born between 1925 and 1945. Children from this group were plagued with war and economic instability as a result of the Great Depression.

So if your dad was born in 1945, he too would be categorized as a member of the Silent Generation.
    I too was born in 1941. My dad was born in 1896. He fought in WW1 but they wouldn't take him in WW2.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    His agent isn't going to struggle to find stats that support a massive paycheck...

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Sale can’t catch a break. 7IP 3ER 10K and his team gets no hit
    The mighty Orioles are 3-1 against the Yankees.

3-14 against everyone else.