Register now to remove this ad

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 5/6 @Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    ..to the point where I've stopped reading his posts.
    they are entertaining though. I swear he's not really a Sox fan and is trolling. like that Dallas2000 guy...
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    I see a better chance at Devers turning it around Defensively playing in only 89 games at third base in the Majors, then Bradley turning into a good Major League hitter, with 1847 at bats in his career. Yet we still give him the chance.
    Well, Devers is a lot younger.

JBJ has already proven he can go a long streatch and have decent numbers to show for it.

JBJ is still at .773 since 2015. (.834 from 2015-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    they are entertaining though. I swear he's not really a Sox fan and is trolling. like that Dallas2000 guy...
    They were entertaining. Now they have gone beyond the ridiculous to the sublime.

I swear he'd find something to complain about a Sox pitcher if said pitcher threw a perfect game. If he retired 27 batters on 27 pitches, Natick would complain about not enough strikeouts. If it was 27 Ks on 82 pitches, he'd complain about the one ball the guy threw.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

I stand by these undeniable facts ..we have two of the shittiest catchers in all of baseball ...we are ranked 29th ..I also stand behind the absolute that JBJ wil be traded soon because he sucks with the bat ...these 3 players are holding this team back .Flame away I don't give a shit it's true .Devers looks like ass at 3rd and he's my favorite player .I don't take joy in these facts .
    Last edited by Natick to NC; 05-07-2018 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natick to NC View Post
    I stand by these undeniable facts ..we have two of the shittiest catchers in all of baseball ...we are ranked 29th ..I also stand behind the absolute that JBJ wil be traded soon because he sucks with the bat ...these 3 players are holding this team back .Flame away I don't give a shit it's true .
    Being held back from what? They are on pace to win 119 games, which would only be the most ever.

Whether they replace one or both catchers and/or JBJ, they aren't going to win 119 games this year. 100 would be fantastic, 95 is more realistic.

What do you replace them with and how do you obtain said replacement? Swihart ain't it; if he were, he's be catching a whole lot more than he has.
    Last edited by illinoisredsox; 05-07-2018 at 03:46 PM.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

I stand by these undeniable facts ..we have two of the shittiest catchers in all of baseball ...we are ranked 29th ..I also stand behind the absolute that JBJ wil be traded soon because he sucks with the bat ...these 3 players are holding this team back .Flame away I don't give a shit it's true .Devers looks like ass at 3rd and he's my favorite player .I don't take joy in these facts .
    Let's replace our great defensive catchers with a .450 bum defender. Enjoy those facts, when our ERA skyrockets when we make Swihart our FT catcher.

Next month, there will be three new players "holding us back." Will we trade them, too?

What about July and August? Three more?

If GMs were emotional and knee-jerk as you are, there'd be 18 trades a day- all year long.

Sandy Leon and JBJ will never make or break the team, you know why? they're role players. Sure, them contributing above expectations would be awesome, but if they suck, it really doesn't hurt the team that much, especially the catchers. Our pitchers like Vaz and Leon, our pitchers are pitching well, why get rid of them/change whats working? Most MLB catchers suck offensively,

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I did not say he was a lost cause. I have said I do not want to move him off 3B this year.

I just do not think it was a good idea to subject him and the team to his learning curve during a tight window of our championship run(s).

He may end up being a decnt defensive 3Bman. He has quickness. The fact is, he needs a lot of work, and the team has and will likely continue to suffer as he grows and improves.

I'd have signed Moose over Moreland. We didn't do that. Devers is our 3Bman for the rest of this season. I'm guessing DD has no plans to move him, even if he still has not improved by October.

You see, this makes far too much sense to get any play.

Yes. They clearly rushed Devers because they were not going to pay a dime more to bail out the Panda deal.

Now, where Moon goes wrong is not realizing, or accepting this. I do, and just suck up the inevitable learning curve lumps. It sucks, but I figure he wins us some games with his bat???? It is what it is.

Yes. Probably would make more sense to sign a Moose? BUT . . . The Sox are also seriously looking at unloading Hanley.... Turns out, we may not want to unload a semi-resurgent Hanley. I personally like the VERY REASONABLE bat & D of Mooreland over a Moose.

Rushing Devers was a big mistake, but a mistake we didn't have the luxury of not making. I just hope we don't fuck the kid up , exposing his learning curve to the world?

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    Being held back from what? They are on pace to win 119 games, which would only be the most ever.

Whether they replace one or both catchers and/or JBJ, they aren't going to win 119 games this year. 100 would be fantastic, 95 is more realistic.

What do you replace them with and how do you obtain said replacement? Swihart ain't it; if he were, he's be catching a whole lot more than he has.
    If you think this team wins 95 games I'd say your in the ballpark ....no more than 95

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Sandy Leon and JBJ will never make or break the team, you know why? they're role players. Sure, them contributing above expectations would be awesome, but if they suck, it really doesn't hurt the team that much, especially the catchers. Our pitchers like Vaz and Leon, our pitchers are pitching well, why get rid of them/change whats working? Most MLB catchers suck offensively,
    JB ,Moon and others ....your are all incredibly insightful fans ....I know my job is to be the negative prick ..No worries here .
    Last edited by Natick to NC; 05-07-2018 at 09:34 PM.

If you don't consider a backup catcher, and a starting center fielder who hits 9th and whose specialty is defense, role players, who do you consider role players?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    If you don't consider a backup catcher, and a starting center fielder who hits 9th and whose specialty is defense, role players, who do you consider role players?
    A starting catcher and a starting CF are not Role players JB ....maybe in Seattle but not the AL East .They both suck

A starting catcher and a starting CF are not Role players JB ....maybe in Seattle but not the AL East .They both suck
    The Mariners are a pretty good team, but yeah, okay, whatever you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    You see, this makes far too much sense to get any play.

Yes. They clearly rushed Devers because they were not going to pay a dime more to bail out the Panda deal.

Now, where Moon goes wrong is not realizing, or accepting this. I do, and just suck up the inevitable learning curve lumps. It sucks, but I figure he wins us some games with his bat???? It is what it is.

Yes. Probably would make more sense to sign a Moose? BUT . . . The Sox are also seriously looking at unloading Hanley.... Turns out, we may not want to unload a semi-resurgent Hanley. I personally like the VERY REASONABLE bat & D of Mooreland over a Moose.

Rushing Devers was a big mistake, but a mistake we didn't have the luxury of not making. I just hope we don't fuck the kid up , exposing his learning curve to the world?
    There's not much choice than to accept where we are right now.

Everyone knows I did not want to subject Devers to the defensive learning curve in the midst of a championship run.

I hope we don't lose a big game on a 3B error.