Register now to remove this ad

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: 5/8 @Yankees

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    'Twas Holt got spiked.
    Yep. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Natick to NC View Post
    Cora will be fired if he continues to play JBJ and Vaz ...two of the worst hitters ever in a RedSox uniform
    As someone who's been following the Red Sox since the 80s ... yeah, we really have some people out to a rough start.

Vazquez - .196 BA, .492 OPS
    Lin - .188 BA, .528 OPS
    JBJ - .173 BA, .528 OPS
    Swihart - .160 BA, .450 OPS
    Leon - .154 BA, .445 OPS

Anybody hitting below .200 BA or .550 OPS I don't think can stay on the roster of an MLB team for long. By mid-June I think if any of these players are still hitting this poorly they will go.

Quote Originally Posted by kenmeister View Post
    As someone who's been following the Red Sox since the 80s ... yeah, we really have some people out to a rough start.

Vazquez - .196 BA, .492 OPS
    Lin - .188 BA, .528 OPS
    JBJ - .173 BA, .528 OPS
    Swihart - .160 BA, .450 OPS
    Leon - .154 BA, .445 OPS

Anybody hitting below .200 BA or .550 OPS I don't think can stay on the roster of an MLB team for long. By mid-June I think if any of these players are still hitting this poorly they will go.
    Well, Lin is already back in the minors. None of the others can be sent down. And you would get rid of all 3 catchers? Not sure who they have at Pawtucket, but I doubt any of them is the answer.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    Well, Lin is already back in the minors. None of the others can be sent down. And you would get rid of all 3 catchers? Not sure who they have at Pawtucket, but I doubt any of them is the answer.
    Dan Butler?
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

whats Tek doing these days?
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    Agreed, catching is a problem. I'd like to think that if Swihart played regularly his average would go up, but I could be completely wrong.