Register now to remove this ad

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2018 MLB Draft Thread

All-Star
    High-school 3B Triston Casas (1) is more athletic than the typical first-base-only high-school prospect and has huge raw power already, with room on the body for more… New Jersey prep OF Nick Decker (2) also has power and a plus arm, but his frame is maxed out… TCU closer Durbin Feltman (3) could rocket through the minors. He’s up to 98 with a good three-pitch mix… Kentucky C Kole Cottam (4) is good enough to stay behind the plate and has above-average raw power… UCF righty Thad Ward (5) touches 96 with life and flashes a plus slider… Dallas Baptist senior Devlin Granberg (6) has above-average raw power and is a good athlete who needs a swing rework… Ohio HS 3B Nick Northcut (11) has above-average power and a maxed out frame but hit all last summer against good pitching… Texas RHP Chase Shugart (12) and Kentucky RHP Chris Machamer (16) are both relief types who work 92-95 with an above-average curveball.
    https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/amer...e-draft-recap/

Legend
    Law asks: which team drafted their org's #1 prospect?

Triston Casas

I'm just going to leave this here for the moment: Jay Groome was my No. 1 prospect for the Red Sox coming into the year, but he had Tommy John surgery. I might still take his future over Casas', even understanding that there's some small chance he doesn't come all the way back (or back at all), but I reserve the right to change my mind. And I see you making progress there in Greenville, Alex Scherff.