Register now to remove this ad

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: 5/15 vs Athletics of Oakland

Most here are hopeful that the Sox have what it takes to hang near the Yanks, but are becoming frustrated with the mediocre baseball we've been playing the last 20+ games. Simple as that.

Some are freaking out far too often, but others have some pretty reasonable concerns.

JBJ, Vaz, & Devers are legit concerns. All 3 are contributing to this mediocre run. All 3 should hopefully start to turn it around soon. I hope.

Beni's continued dipshit baserunning.

If these 3 don't turn it around, guys are going to continue to vent on them. It's as simple as that.

We still get a Wildcard in my mind, but it could get rough if our pitching doesn't return.

Yes. We all need to calm down a bit though. It's not near as bad or ugly as it's looked lately. We will go on another run.

Where did the mojo go?

Deity
    This team has been mediocre nothing more to say. They have made the A's look like world beaters. Playing at home and they can't win a series against the A's? They better get it together quickly.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Oh, lol. Sarcasm is hard to convey on a message board
    The 0% winning percentage probably should have tipped you off!
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Legend
    Not worried about this series as much as the next one with the O's. You don't want to get swept by the A's with Sale going. But, against the O's if they don't take at least 3 out of 4, then you have something you have to be a little concerned about, even this early in the season. O's have the 2nd worst record in Baseball at the moment.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 05-16-2018 at 10:18 AM.

Legend
    Time for a little winning streak starting tonight, Planets are all lined up. Sale tonight and then the O's.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Need to add that tongue in cheek emoticon :-J to the smiley choices.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Yeah, I'm sorry. In the future, I will be sure to tailor my statements so that they are perfectly understood by fans of other teams.