Thread: 5/15 vs Athletics of Oakland

5/15 vs Athletics of Oakland

Mengden vs Erod
    evil vs good
    loss vs win

not a must win but lets win.
    other names i have posted under: none

Deity
    A must win, sort of, to me. I hate giving into the Yankees. And yes I know it's only May. But right now we have about everyone we are supposed to have except Pedey and Thornberg. Long since time for the rotation and bullpen to man up.

Last night the lineup score 4 runs off the same guy who no hit us last time, but Porcello gave up 5. To me that was the ball game in a nutshell. I have nothing against starting JBJ or anyone else because to me the lineup has been doing its job.

Slasher9 is just the guy to get us this win.

Deity
    Speaking of who is in tonight. Here it is folks.

1. Mookie Betts (R) RF
    2. Andrew Benintendi (L) CF
    3. Hanley Ramirez (R) DH
    4. J.D. Martinez (R) LF
    5. Xander Bogaerts (R) SS
    6. Mitch Moreland (L) 1B
    7. Eduardo Nunez (R) 2B
    8. Rafael Devers (L) 3B
    9. Christian Vazquez (R) C

Sad to see JBj not in vs this righty. At least tonight it’s to get MM into the lineup....
    I just drove home through serious tornado warnings in western NJ. That ain’t supposed to be like that

So it seems that we may have lost Carson Smith for the season. Or at least a long while.

Dombrowski is saying Smith sustained a likely serious injury to his shoulder when throwing his glove after he let up a dinger.

Cut the shit.

That guy is useless.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Sad to see JBj not in vs this righty. At least tonight it’s to get MM into the lineup....
    I just drove home through serious tornado warnings in western NJ. That ain’t supposed to be like that
    Glad you made it home safely, my friend. We need you here to put up those kick-ass avatars! (and support me in my campaign to keep JBJ on the field.)
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    We had serious hail here an hour ago. So weird seeing mothball-sized hailstones raining from the sky when it's warm out.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    There are severe thunderstorms presently moving west to east in eastern Mass. Tornado warning earlier today.

Expect delays at Game time according to WCVB.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

They're saying first pitch @ 8:30 now.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Some friends of mine went to Phillies v Mets game on Saturday. They sang the National anthem and then rolled the tarp out. Thanks for paying for parking, food, and beer!

Deity
    I'm watching Yankees at the Nats which for me is a local game. Tanaka gave up a dinger on a sinker low in the zone. Top of second, the leadoff Yankees double and single on hard hit balls, men on 2d and 3d. Next three, Tanaka (batting 8th), torres, and Hicks all K and that big curve Gio Gonzalez throws.

Nats lead off bottom of 2d with double by Howie Kendricks. He scores on a grounder to the left side. 2-0 Nats.

Now 3-0 in the 2d off a double by Severino (not the pitcher of course).
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 05-15-2018 at 06:43 PM.

I'm viewing it too. Tanaka is painfully slow to throw a ball.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    I'm viewing it too. Tanaka is painfully slow to throw a ball.
    Tonight he is getting more pain than he is inflicting.Yankees out in the 3d after a walk to Judge, a GIDP by Stanton (he should have struck out to help the team), and a fly out by Sanchez. Now 3-2 in the 4th: Yanks got a 2 run error double by the CF who ran all the way over to the standing still LF to forced the dropped ball--followed by a dinger on a curve up in the zone.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 05-15-2018 at 07:10 PM.

When are we starting?