Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: As Mookie Goes, So Go the Sox

All-Star

As Mookie Goes, So Go the Sox

I wonder if someone with better eye sight than minee, could compile the overall and indivual game losses this season and tell us Mookie's BA, As I say, overall, and each individual game.

It probably wasn't 5 for 40, but not much different. No matter who steps up and has good games, it all boils down to, "How;d Mookie Do?"

Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    I wonder if someone with better eye sight than minee, could compile the overall and indivual game losses this season and tell us Mookie's BA, As I say, overall, and each individual game.

It probably wasn't 5 for 40, but not much different. No matter who steps up and has good games, it all boils down to, "How;d Mookie Do?"
    Baseball Reference.com has almost any information you might want:

Batting by Game https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...&t=b&year=2018

Under Splits, it also lists the info for Game Outcome for Team:

In wins, he's played in 25 games, in those, he's hitting .417, OBP of .491, Slugging ..896, OPS of 1.387. 10 doubles, 12 homers
    In losses, he's played in 12 games. .244/.327/.489/.816, 6 doubles and 1 homer.
    Last edited by illinoisredsox; 05-16-2018 at 08:50 AM.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post

In wins, he's played in 25 games, in those, he's hitting .417, OBP of .491, Slugging ..896, OPS of 1.387. 10 doubles, 12 homers
    Yep. That pretty much says it. As Mookie goes so go the Sox. Of course, that may be able to be said about other players but it seems especially pertinent to Mookie.
    As an aside, that .816 OPS in losses is something many players would only aspire to.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Yep. That pretty much says it. As Mookie goes so go the Sox. Of course, that may be able to be said about other players but it seems especially pertinent to Mookie.
    As an aside, that .816 OPS in losses is something many players would only aspire to.
    That's not particularly encouraging because no matter how great Mookie Betts is -- and Betts is great -- I doubt he maintains this pace for an entire season. Regression awaits.

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    That's not particularly encouraging because no matter how great Mookie Betts is -- and Betts is great -- I doubt he maintains this pace for an entire season. Regression awaits.
    Hahahaha. Leave it to Harmony to find a cloud in Mookie's performance.

The good news may be that we have three hitters at the bottom of the order who are below their career norms, so they'll regress to their norm at the same time Mookie does.

I think if I were a Mariners fan I'd be more concerned about who's going to fill that 2B spot for the next 80 days (and into the playoffs if they make it that far) than I would be concerned about Mookie and the Boston Red Sox.

But that's just me.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Deity

The good news may be that we have three hitters at the bottom of the order who are below their career norms, so they'll regress to their norm at the same time Mookie does.

I think if I were a Mariners fan I'd be more concerned about who's going to fill that 2B spot for the next 80 days (and into the playoffs if they make it that far) than I would be concerned about Mookie and the Boston Red Sox.

But that's just me.
    Playoffs? The Mariners have not been there since 2001. Mariner fans born during that playoff run are driving cars now...

Legend

But that's just me.
    The Mariners have the option of going with Dee Gordon, a Gold Glove-winning, two-time All Star second baseman who this year has posted a .327/.353/.415/.769 line with a league-leading 15 stolen bases in 171 plate appearances.

But that's just me.

I agree that regression should work both ways.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Playoffs? The Mariners have not been there since 2001. Mariner fans born during that playoff run are driving cars now...
    My first-born started kindergarten that fall and will graduate from Stanford next month.

But that's just me.
    No, it's not just you.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    My first-born started kindergarten that fall and will graduate from Stanford next month.
    I turned 3 that month, and just finished my first year of college. Turning 20 this October, somehow. Feel old yet? Lol

But, Stanford. Wow, congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I turned 3 that month, and just finished my first year of college. Turning 20 this October, somehow. Feel old yet? Lol

But, Stanford. Wow, congrats!
    Feeling old?

I am old enough to be my older daughter's grandfather but I feel awfully young. My younger daughter, who turns 20 in September, is finishing her first year of college.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post

Wow! Exactly what I was looking for!

All-Star

Remember how we were all wowed by this guy in his first (or end) spring training games? I've even forgotten the year, Dewey. . I namaged to get one more ST game in after meetung you guys, I think!

Slasher says that Dombrowski should just hand Mookie a blank contract and tell him to fill in the numbers. I added that they should do this on live TV like they did when Lebron took his talents to South Beach.

Betts is a special player, but if your lead off hitter is getting on base, hitting taters and making things happen, you have a great chance to win those games (if your pitching is good.) if your lead off hitter hangs an “oh fer” on you, chances are your winning percentage is those games will be considerably lower.

It doesn’t matter if that lead off hitter is Betts or anybody else.