Register now to remove this ad

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Swihart requests a trade

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Natick to NC View Post
    Moon ..I don't agree at all .I know this shocks you .someone help me out in spring training didn't Swi have the yips ? I remember him overthrowing Porcello twice early in spring ... Do you think this is why there's lack of Catcher play ? I've been impressed every time I've seen the guy catch this year ....exhausted with the topic ...maybe there is someone's wife that's In love with Blake ? I can't understand this anymore .I want a high ranking prospect at minimum ...if it's at the club level I want a low era Reliever with nasty stuff .
    Blake Swihart won't land a high-ranking prospect. Swihart's trade value may have dropped below that of Jarrod Saltalamacchia in July 2010 when the Red Sox traded for the switch-hitting catcher. As I've written before:

Blake Swihart is a year older now than Jarrod Saltalmacchia was in June 2010 when the Texas Rangers traded the switch-hitting catcher to the Red Sox for Chris McGuiness, Roman Mendez, Michael Thomas and cash. SoxProspects has never ranked the three prospects among the Top 20 in the organization. McGuiness and Thomas apparently are out of organized baseball while Mendez is a 27-year-old toiling at Double A.

Saltalamacchia peaked at No. 18 on Baseball America's Top 100 prospect list while Swihart peaked at No. 17.

At the time of the 2010 trade Saltalamacchia was back down at Triple A, much as Swihart had spent much of his age 25 season at Triple A after being a starter at the MLB level.

With Saltalamacchia as his optimistic ceiling, Swihart has limited trade value.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/...s-nolasco.html

The Red Sox have put a high price tag on Blake Swihart in trade negotiations with other teams, NBCSports.com’s Evan Drellich reports. “Hard to find a trade partner when you’re asking for some of teams’ best prospects,” one rival talent evaluator tells Drellich. Swihart has barely played at all this season coming off the Sox bench, and his previous two seasons also saw little MLB action (though injuries were a big factor in the lack of activity). While these factors have seemingly dimmed Swihart’s former top-prospect status, the Sox are still aiming for a big return for Swihart, with Drellich noting that some familiar with the trade talks have described Boston’s demands as “unreasonable.” The Sox may end up designating Swihart for assignment when Dustin Pedroia returns to ensure that a Swihart deal will happen, though this may or may not create the “bidding war” the Red Sox hope will then occur. MLBTR’s Steve Adams recently broke down the potential market for Swihart, and while there are several teams that could use catching help, it hardly seems like Boston will score multiple quality minor leaguers in exchange for Swihart.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post

The Red Sox have put a high price tag on Blake Swihart in trade negotiations with other teams, NBCSports.com’s Evan Drellich reports. “Hard to find a trade partner when you’re asking for some of teams’ best prospects,” one rival talent evaluator tells Drellich. Swihart has barely played at all this season coming off the Sox bench, and his previous two seasons also saw little MLB action (though injuries were a big factor in the lack of activity). While these factors have seemingly dimmed Swihart’s former top-prospect status, the Sox are still aiming for a big return for Swihart, with Drellich noting that some familiar with the trade talks have described Boston’s demands as “unreasonable.” The Sox may end up designating Swihart for assignment when Dustin Pedroia returns to ensure that a Swihart deal will happen, though this may or may not create the “bidding war” the Red Sox hope will then occur. MLBTR’s Steve Adams recently broke down the potential market for Swihart, and while there are several teams that could use catching help, it hardly seems like Boston will score multiple quality minor leaguers in exchange for Swihart.
    Well the Redsox agree with me ...everyone can paddle upstream .The reporters all have opinions just like assholes .

And so it starts for today.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post

MVP just for shits and giggles ....if my guy Blake is valued this high and top prospects are the price ??? Why the absolute fuck wouldn't we trade fat Sandy for a legit reliever???? Huh ??? That's fucking dumb .

Blake fucking Swihart should be playing most nights over Vaz and fat Sandy ......Fact !!!!

Legend
    Blake fucking Swihart should be playing most nights over Vaz and fat Sandy ......Fact !!!!
    I understand that you are profanely upset, but ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnFnWWAnlkw

So then it begs the question, if he's not good enough to play under a bench happy manager like Cora, then just rip the band aid off and deal him when Pedey returns.

If Nunez needs a DL stint, then call up Lin.

The only regret would be an injury to a catcher shortly after trading Swihart. The again, it's not like finding another Sandy Leon will be difficult or costly.
    It's sounding more and more like Swihart is going to be traded or DFA'd, which to me, is kind of sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    The Sox fucked this one up.

Plain and simple.
    Yes, they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Yes, they did.
    Couldn't disagree more.

Swihart had years and years to prove he could catch well enough to get a shot.

Yes, they called him up earlier than they planned, but he got his shot.

They even gave him a chance to earn a shot at another position.

The injury sustained in the OF was unfortunate, but I don't blame management. They tried to trade for Beltran and the deal fell through at the last moment. They gave Swihart, perhaps the second chance he hadn't even earned.

Swihart has only himelf to blame, if we are forced to play the blame game at all.

Yeah my balls request a massage ....hit the ball Blake ya jagoff

Yeah my balls request a massage ....hit the ball Blake ya jagoff
    Now we know why you want Swihart sticking around.

Now we know why you want Swihart sticking around.
    ......huh ? Ohhh homophobic humor sooooo funny to moon ....abit of a tell on you but hey live life .

......huh ? Ohhh homophobic humor sooooo funny to moon ....abit of a tell on you but hey live life .
    Just responding to your "telling" post.

Are you aware that every time someone reads one of your posts their IQ goes down 2 points?

Please stop. I can't stand much more loss.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully