Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/16 A's at Fenway

Deity
    Getting a little scary. that was a very expensive BB--11 pitches. Plus Sale does not trust his slider or changeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    No corners from this ump. Wow. 4 pretty good pitches.

I've noticed over the recent years that so many HP umps have a worse strike zone than Leslie Neilson.

Deity
    Boy, I get it guys. Lately we don't have to steel ourselves for the game but for Gomes and other various indignities that NESN might heap upon us in its promos. Its getting rough and lately my hands shake as I flip to NESN for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Getting a little scary. that was a very expensive BB--11 pitches. Plus Sale does not trust his slider or changeup.
    Yea. Pitch count is way up. It'll be a miracle if he starts the seventh.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Deity
    A one hitter thru 4 innings and 7 K's, but also 80 pitches. Might go 6 innings, might not.

In some cases when a starting everyday player is out for a long stretch, his replacement plays so well that it's a tough call for the manager to take the replacement out of the line-up. Well, Cora won't have that problem when Pedey returns.

Legend
    The bottom half of the order is struggling. Moreland put up a battle but Nunez and Devers no so much. Scoring shouldn't be all up to the first 5 or 6 guys in the order.

Deity
    I am happy to have this lead. But we were musing the night of the Manaea no hitter that Manaea's sequencing would get around the league and we have not come anywhere near where we were before that game since.

Still looks like with a few exceptions we still have some adjustments to make.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    Boy, I get it guys. Lately we don't have to steel ourselves for the game but for Gomes and other various indignities that NESN might heap upon us in its promos. Its getting rough and lately my hands shake as I flip to NESN for the game.
    Yup, I remember when Judge Judy made an appearance.

Deity
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    Yea. Pitch count is way up. It'll be a miracle if he starts the seventh.
    I'll settle for getting thru the 5th with a lead.

Last night the SOX had the BP killer on the mound. Sale is usually the BP savior, but not tonight.

Deity
    Need to build the lead back up because the bullpen is right around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Last night the SOX had the BP killer on the mound. Sale is usually the BP savior, but not tonight.
    Looked fantastic through 4. Been the story of our pitching lately. Some solid innings but can’t put a solid game together lately. Although in all fairness Sale was outstanding last week

Legend
    I don't think three runs are going to win this game...about six sounds right with this bullpen