Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/23 Red Sox at Rays

5/23 Red Sox at Rays

Price vs. Archer

A classic matchup tonight, folks. A one-time Rays ace against a current Rays sort-of ace.

The Sox have enjoyed some success against Archer in the past, and he is struggling a bit so far this year, with a 5.01 ERA.

But you can never take anything for granted in this game, so just win, baby!

(And if our hitters are in the mood to kick Archer's butt all over the place, well, that'd be OK too.)

This time, hit the right catwalk guys. Jeez. Can't you do anything right? Gotta hit that C-ring and D-ring.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I'm hoping Holt is at 2nd tonight instead of Nunez.

Time for the Sox to put the peddle down and rip off a nice run of winning baseball.

If Mr. Tingles is on his game I see a win tonight.

Who will homer for the Sox?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Betts RF,
    Benintendi LF,
    Ramirez 1B,
    Martinez DH,
    Bogaerts SS,
    Devers 3B,
    Núñez 2B,
    Bradley Jr. CF,
    Vázquez C,

Price LHP.

@PeteAbe

Optional early BP drew a big crowd of #RedSox players. Benintendi, Vazquez, Ramirez, Holt, Devers, Bradley, Swihart, Nunez, etc.

Legend
    As Jasonbay said last night, the stupid and vulgar posts pollute the rest of the site. Lots of good posters here who know baseball and are real Sox fans. I for one will take a rest for a while and stay off the site, not wanting any association with the one or two guys who bring the site down. Hard to ignore them.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    As Jasonbay said last night, the stupid and vulgar posts pollute the rest of the site. Lots of good posters here who know baseball and are real Sox fans. I for one will take a rest for a while and stay off the site, not wanting any association with the one or two guys who bring the site down. Hard to ignore them.
    That's too bad, but understandable.

Actually, it's not. You just put them on ignore and you don't even have to scroll past the drivel. The negative is you have to log in to have it work; if you just read, it's all there.

I don't like to put people on ignore, but I like even less having to scroll past a dozen or more posts of garbage to get to a post containing something worth discussing/reading, and then having to go through another 10 of garbage again. The ignores have earned their place on the list.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Betts RF,
    Benintendi LF,
    Ramirez 1B,
    Martinez DH,
    Bogaerts SS,
    Devers 3B,
    Núñez 2B,
    Bradley Jr. CF,
    Vázquez C,

Price LHP.
    Pretty close to last night except for Vazquez catching and JBJ moving up to 8th. Still no Moreland.

This time, hit the right catwalk guys. Jeez. Can't you do anything right? Gotta hit that C-ring and D-ring.
    Stupidest rules ever.

Just stay out of the game thread oldtimer. Continue to post in the other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Pretty close to last night except for Vazquez catching and JBJ moving up to 8th. Still no Moreland.
    I smell another Red Sox victory.

Vazquez goes yard tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    I'm hoping Holt is at 2nd tonight instead of Nunez.
    Me too

@PeteAbe

Optional early BP drew a big crowd of #RedSox players. Benintendi, Vazquez, Ramirez, Holt, Devers, Bradley, Swihart, Nunez, etc.
    .....Swihart and JBJ on the Block MVP ?