Register now to remove this ad

Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Hanley DFA’d

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    Back when Brando was THE REAL original #1 Brando.
    Best movie of his was Transformers
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

They do not test for weed in mlb routinely. In fact, when they are testing for PED's, they do not do a test for pot.
    Well alright!1!!
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Well alright!1!!
    Can you hit lefties Spud? If so, we have a slot for you in the 7th hole.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    That's a myth. You don't make dumb decisions when you are high. You might contemplate them though.

Not sure why you are so adamant that Hanley smokes week when playing. I think it's a possibility, but really have no clue. He played so may years, he might have just been bored playing, smoking might have made it fun for him, he might have even hit better when smoking. Who knows, he might have talked Benni and Kelly and Vaz out of smoking before games, there is no way to tell.

It is interesting he's kicking it in the DR right now though. The dude is super set for money, no need to risk it. Hope we don't find out that he did other bad stuff. Would rather see him go out as a good guy.

I've watched Hanley since he was a kid. I watched him after he left, and when he returned. I'm sorry, I know it angers some, but I can flat out tell when a guy is high. Their eyes & body language gives it away.

Frankly, I don't give a shit. I've smoked more than my fair share. I wouldn't give a rat's arss, so long as the guy is producing, & doing his job. I know guys who can produce while using with the best, but many can't handle the two concurrently.

It never bothered me until 2015, when HanRam & Pablo became A MAJOR DISTRACTION while on the DL, at the end of that shitfest of a season. Those two were like a couple of stoned teenage boys, yuckING it up in the dugout. I saw quite a bit, and a good deal close up. It was obvious!

In fact, there is a very good reason for why both were sent home early! It will likely never come out publicly, but "their behavior" was so out there, that it was more than a distraction. It was an embarrassment! An utter 100% embarrassment!

Yes. They were getting high before games. I have zero doubt about it. Can I prove it? Of course not. Would the boys ever narc on them? Nope. Did everybody suspect? Of course they did.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    best movie of his was transformers
    lol :0

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Best movie of his was Transformers
    You have to see it high though . . .

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    Do they test for weed in the MLB?
    they do in the minors.

Agreed. Dumb move by Hanley, but I don't see any intent, or proof of conspiracy ... or funding?

You make dumb decisions when high . . . . & Hanley gets high quite a bit. I doubt he does the big stuff, but Hanley has always been the happy Rastafarian! Not a bad thing at all. Not good if you're an mlb player.
    Your best fuckin* friend could be cooking meth in his basement and you wouldn’t even know it. How about we wait and hear the facts before we determine he is a (in your mind) typical dark skinned person with dreads. Some of my best friends over the years have worn dreads and have never touched a drug or alcohol.....
    other names i have posted under: none

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Your best fuckin* friend could be cooking meth in his basement and you wouldn’t even know it. How about we wait and hear the facts before we determine he is a (in your mind) typical dark skinned person with dreads. Some of my best friends over the years have worn dreads and have never touched a drug or alcohol.....
    I agree with you with respect to not jumping to conclusions about Hanley Ramirez's guilt or innocence. I hope that he is not guilty but whatever it won't bother my world one way or another. But I don't give a shit what anybody thinks of him from a personal character or looks perspective or whatever, it is pretty obvious that the Red Sox have been trying to move away from players like Hanley. In my opinion, his approach, his goofiness, and whatever else, although kind of funny just isn't the look this team is going for. Please note that it is also obvious that it has nothing to do with what race he is. He is a free spirit, maybe I guess just a little to free. If they really wanted Hanley's act around, they would still be dancing in the outfield. I suppose that it is even possible that someone suggested to Benintendi that he cut his hair. If you are the owner of a business of this magnitude maybe the appearance and behavoir of your employees matters. What I also think though is that if Hanley was really hitting, he likely would still be with us. He wasn't and he is gone.

I really hate when someone does this. ^ It is reprehensible to call out racism on a person who you know nothing about. Sox75 has been very detailed about his experiences with pot and being able to recognize the signs of when someone is high. None of it had to do with skin color. You need to stop this shit. It is very offensive. You have also called out Spud as a racist for using the word "articulate' with regard to a black player. He has used that description about white players too. I know Spud personally, as do others on this board from various racial and ethnic backgrounds. He is no racist, not even subconsciously. I don't know Sox75, but I have had it with this bullshit of yours where you make these reprehensible accusations.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

C'Mon mon, Hanley be all up in dat ganja mon! He was puffin so much wit dat big cloud around his dreds when he visited da big island dey thot he jus came from visitin' volcano mon.

Now we know why he hasn't signed on with any club yet. He is doing the Ricky Williams worldwide "self-actualization" tour.

It is very odd for somebody who feels the need to throw the word racist around like its candy at a Shriner's parade could him self be labeled a sexist due to the nature of his avatars over the years (both here and on the Board That Shall Not Be Named).
    Last edited by illinoisredsox; 06-23-2018 at 12:00 PM.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

I'm actually telling guys to cool down. That I get where Slasher is coming from. I don't want to see any racial discord. I'm sorry this snagged, and I meant no harm. Let's not all start hammering Slash!

I'm not sure why the opinion that Hanley is a stoner could be even in the same ballpark as out of bounds, as the opinion that he does PED's, or now that he might be involved in a Fentynol ring? I honestly don't see why my opinion is so out of bounds, but I don't want it to cause a bunch of shit.

It's all good, & I hope my posts don't keep disappearing. Thanks.

I'm actually telling guys to cool down. That I get where Slasher is coming from. I don't want to see any racial discord. I'm sorry this snagged, and I meant no harm. Let's not all start hammering Slash!

I'm not sure why the opinion that Hanley is a stoner could be even in the same ballpark as out of bounds, as the opinion that he does PED's, or now that he might be involved in a Fentynol ring? I honestly don't see why my opinion is so out of bounds, but I don't want it to cause a bunch of shit.

It's all good, & I hope my posts don't keep disappearing. Thanks.
    I read your post before it disappeared.

This is just the latest in a line of this BS from Slasher. It is disgusting that he condemns people like he does without knowing them based on his warped interpretation of what he thinks someone is saying.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."