Register now to remove this ad

Page 20 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Sox starting pitching thread

With Wright now in the rotation and Pomeranz out, the rotation has been excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by kenmeister View Post
    With Wright now in the rotation and Pomeranz out, the rotation has been excellent.
    I look forward to every dang start by every dang pitcher we have. These guys rock.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

I would love to see Pomeranz get his mojo back as you know we are going to need him at some point between now and late October.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    I would love to see Pomeranz get his mojo back as you know we are going to need him at some point between now and late October.
    Eh, I’m not so convinced. Can we trade Pom to sure-up our BP? (Asking for a ... friend?) lol

Without Price and Kimbrel , you don’t win the ALE in 2016. Price wasn’t an ace, but those 200+ IP were clutch for your club. Kimbrel provides a lock down closer after some struggles on the back end when Moji’s body started to break down.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp9 View Post
    Eh, I’m not so convinced. Can we trade Pom to sure-up our BP? (Asking for a ... friend?) lol
    Me neither. The current 5 are more than enough to handle the postseason. And I'm still high on the other 3 (Johnson, Velazquez, Beeks). Sometimes people have a great season, like Pomeranz did last year, but can never follow it up again.

Before you trade Pom for bullpen help, remember that he's been useful in the bullpen himself. If he can reach back and add some of the velocity he's lost while pacing himself, if restricted to short outings, I'd expect him to be a dangerous LHRP
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Deity
    Maybe move Pomeranz to the bullpen?

I’m well aware of his past BP experience. I question his effectiveness anywhere right now.

Deity
    I’m well aware of his past BP experience. I question his effectiveness anywhere right now.
    So.. shouldn't any GM you're hoping to deal him to for bullpen help feel the same way? Bear in mind, there is no next year for a GM in a trade here...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    So.. shouldn't any GM you're hoping to deal him to for bullpen help feel the same way? Bear in mind, there is no next year for a GM in a trade here...
    That is the age old quagmire. Of course your opinion is obvisiously different than mine. It would require a difference of opinion. They do exist.

Maybe move Pomeranz to the bullpen?
    If he gets right and adds some mph to his fastball, he could be a huge addition to the pen.

But again he has to be right in order for that to work and he has not been right since the injury in spring training.

All-Star
    Alex Speier @alexspeier
    Steven Wright (knee) to the DL. Justin Haley recalled from AAA.

Well that's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    Alex Speier @alexspeier

Well that's not good.
    How close is Pon to being ready?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    Alex Speier @alexspeier

Well that's not good.
    At least we can’t blame this injury on Farrell. That’s a good thing. I guess.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."