Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All Star Selections - 2018

All Star Selections - 2018

Voting has begun.
    to this point of the season - which Red Sox players do you feel have earned a spot?
    here's my list:
    IN:
    Betts
    JD Martinez
    Kimbrell
    Sale

Still a Chance with a hot month:
    Kelly
    X-Bo
    Beni

am i missing anyone?
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Voting has begun.
    to this point of the season - which Red Sox players do you feel have earned a spot?
    here's my list:
    IN:
    Betts
    JD Martinez
    Kimbrell
    Sale

Kelly
    X-Bo
    Beni

am i missing anyone?
    Your list is pretty good.

I wonder about Sale.

I do think that Beni has a chance if he remains hot.

How are players selected this year?

Are fans still capable of "stuffing the ballot box" with 25 or more votes?

If so, it is conceivable that deserving players will not make the cut in favor of players with popularity in big markets and such.

And what of Mookie? He is on the shelf and not producing. Will that effect his ability to get votes this year?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Personally, I think Kelly currently ranks above Kimbrel in terms of an All Star spot.

Also, I think Porcello deserves a mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Personally, I think Kelly currently ranks above Kimbrel in terms of an All Star spot.
    Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Your list is pretty good.

I wonder about Sale.

I do think that Beni has a chance if he remains hot.

How are players selected this year?

Are fans still capable of "stuffing the ballot box" with 25 or more votes?

If so, it is conceivable that deserving players will not make the cut in favor of players with popularity in big markets and such.

And what of Mookie? He is on the shelf and not producing. Will that effect his ability to get votes this year?
    I think the voting is the same as it has been.

Because of that, it's not really an All Star game. It's a 'favorite player' game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I think the voting is the same as it has been.

Because of that, it's not really an All Star game. It's a 'favorite player' game.
    Ugh.

They should have players, coaches, and players vote with some kind of weighed system so van votes mean less.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Moreland could possibly be in. Surprisingly first base in the AL has been pretty weak. Jose Abreu is the only other guy I can think is worthy.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Can I vote for Betts at half the positions and JD for the other half?
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Moreland could possibly be in. Surprisingly first base in the AL has been pretty weak. Jose Abreu is the only other guy I can think is worthy.
    Wow, it is actually crazy how weak 1B in AL has been this year, I was just looking at the stats and they are beyond underwhelming.
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/battin...RBR/order/true

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Ugh.

They should have players, coaches, and players vote with some kind of weighed system so van votes mean less.
    I know that most people disagree, but I am 100% serious when I say that they should let the stat geeks vote on these things.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    You are absolutely correct. I had no idea how weak the competition was.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Voting has begun.
    here's my list:
    IN:
    Betts
    JD Martinez
    Kimbrell
    Sale

Kelly
    X-Bo
    Beni

am i missing anyone?
    For starters, the least you could do is spell Red Sox players' names right. It's Kimbrel, not Kimbrell.

It sucks Moreland isn't eligible for fan voting, because if he stays hot this month, he could have easily gotten in. Watch out for E-Rod as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

The 1B landscape in baseball is ugly. The Pujols, Marneu, Texeiera, Youkilis, Cabrera era are over.

I mean we still got freeman, votto, belt, smoak, hosmer, Abreu, belinger, etc, there is some talent at 1b still, and a new wave of them will be up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    For starters, the least you could do is spell Red Sox players' names right. It's Kimbrel, not Kimbrell.

It sucks Moreland isn't eligible for fan voting, because if he stays hot this month, he could have easily gotten in. Watch out for E-Rod as well.
    Why do I need to spell their names right? No one has a fucking clue how to spell #8. Doesn’t mean we didn’t root for him or love those Sox teams any less.
    other names i have posted under: none