Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mookie to DL

Mookie to DL

Ab strain. Couldn't play tonight
    Hal sucks

DL can be retroactive to 3 days now, so they won't be without him for a week from today, if he does return.

Also this sucks ass. Losing his bat and glove is really big, there's no replacing either of that.
    Last edited by Station 13; 06-01-2018 at 07:11 PM.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    DL can be retroactive to 3 days now, so they won't be without him for a week from today, if he does return.

Also this sucks ass. Losing his bat and glove is really big, there's no replacing either of that.
    Didn't see the report on this. We have been getting BS for the last 5 days or so. If he is hurt why no just admit it.

No need for a thread. There's not much you can say, certainly nothing good. Hopefully the 10 days is it.

Thoughts on Betts while on DL

Watching Altuve who is unquestionably Astro's best hitter, batting 3rd, I'm inclined to wonder whether with Beni proving to be a more than serviceable lead off hitter, will Cora consider inserting Betts in 3 hole when he returns from disable list.

Cora said Mookie hits lead off until the sun is cold.

Cora said Mookie hits lead off until the sun is cold.
    Line of the year

1.mookie
    2.Xander
    3.JD
    4.Mitch
    5.Benny
    6.Pedey or Nuney

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by dustcover View Post
    Watching Altuve who is unquestionably Astro's best hitter, batting 3rd, I'm inclined to wonder whether with Beni proving to be a more than serviceable lead off hitter, will Cora consider inserting Betts in 3 hole when he returns from disable list.
    I mentioned where Altuve hits in the batting order on another thread. It seems clear to me that there are plenty of ml people who still like to have their run producers hitting 3-4-5. I have heard all of the arguments for not having your best hitter batting third for a couple of years now. There are many people that think that your very best hitter should be your leadoff guy but what I have not heard is what defines your very best hitter. With respect to Mookie, I think that if he is comfortable in the leadoff spot and wants to be there, I think that you go with that. It is possible that he could produce more runs hitting somewhere else but he is good enough to have some input I think with respect to where he bats in the lineup.

My thoughts while Betts is on the DL is that it would be nice to have a right handed bat like Hanley's.

The Sox have been reduced to calling up Sam Travis.

This shouldn't be a thread. The answer is no.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    My thoughts while Betts is on the DL is that it would be nice to have a right handed bat like Hanley's.
    Hanley blew it with his horrible May, Kimmi.

With his OPS down to about .700 and a 22 million option lurking they had to cut him loose, I think. That option was bad for us and bad for him too.

Here's another thought, who bats 5th? Perfect time for Holt accession into the 2-hole. This extend the lineup. Last night Devers hit 5th and JD got walked. Put Xander back in the 5-hole.

JD should be batting 3rd at the lowest. I would wonder what a lineup with Betts leadoff and JDM 2nd would look like.

Here's another thought, who bats 5th? Perfect time for Holt accession into the 2-hole. This extend the lineup. Last night Devers hit 5th and JD got walked. Put Xander back in the 5-hole.
    I agree. Holt/Pedey in the 2nd hole temporarily sounds pretty good to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you