Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rafael Devers struggles/triumphs and the future

Rafael Devers struggles/triumphs and the future

With Betts potentially out a couple weeks and your depth tested, the key hitter in your lineup is Devers. The kid was nails last year, but this year he isn’t hitting for power, average or OBP. His defense hasn’t been good, but that’s to be expected. If you’re to hang with NY, Devers has to step up over the next two weeks
    Hal sucks

What is this crap?

You didn't see us put up a 'Stanton has been a disappointment' thread.

I have long since learned to pay no attention to your competitors/'colleagues'/enemies' analysis of how you should run your life.

Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    I have long since learned to pay no attention to your competitors/'colleagues'/enemies' analysis of how you should run your life.
    I have long since learned to pay no attention to anybody's analysis of how you should run your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

So you guys are incapable of seeing how your stud kid 3b has sucked this far or debating otherwise? Isn’t that special

OP speaks the truth. I really am shocked at Devers year so far, never expected it.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    So you guys are incapable of seeing how your stud kid 3b has sucked this far or debating otherwise? Isn’t that special
    He's slumping. So what? I don't really care. We're fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

We can all read the stats. This is Captain Obvious shit.

Where are your threads on subpar Yankee performers? I haven't noticed any.

I think what he's doing would be called "gloat trolling". It's a Yankees fan thing.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    I think what he's doing would be called "gloat trolling". It's a Yankees fan thing.
    Gloat trolling is exactly what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Gloat trolling is exactly what it is.
    It's too bad, too, because Jax has a lot of good insights. However, the "gloat trolling" hurts his overall credibility.

This will probably raise the hair on MVP's neck, but anyway....
    Knowing you're an old BDC poster you must remember Jete02. He was an anomaly. A Yankees fan with class. His comments were about baseball and never intended to inflate the Yankees or degrade the Sox. Just good baseball talk.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Yea, another thread started by JM of doom and gloom is really testing the limits of his "he's not a troll" status.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

They’ve been there for sure. The crazy thing is, our offense leads the league in runs per game and it hasn’t even come close to unlocking its potential.

This thread is about the Sox, though. With Betts out, Holt has been good, but he’s no Betts. If you’re going to get some production elsewhere, the guy who needs to step up is Devers. He’s been an auto out for a month now

They’ve been there for sure. The crazy thing is, our offense leads the league in runs per game and it hasn’t even come close to unlocking its potential.

This thread is about the Sox, though. With Betts out, Holt has been good, but he’s no Betts. If you’re going to get some production elsewhere, the guy who needs to step up is Devers. He’s been an auto out for a month now
    No. This thread is about the Yankees and how good they are and how the Sox should be unable to compete with them without Betts. As was said in the OP, "If you’re to hang with NY.....,"
    -Vin Scully

I don't have the history with the OP you guys do so I'll just say I'm a Sox fan who has no problem discussing just how disappointing his season has been and what it has meant. Having the best record in baseball in May does not mean you have no problems and 3rd base is a big problem right now. Teams will simply pitch around JD to get to Devers.
    Last edited by Yaz Fan Since '67; 06-02-2018 at 08:32 AM.