Register now to remove this ad

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: 6/3 @Houston

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    It's beenover 95 for 15 straight days, and we haven't even hit summer, yet.

You have to play indoors in this sauna.

The park here is really nice.

There's a huge window in LF that gives you a feeling of being outdoors. The grass is green. The seats are comfortable and all facing home plate.

I've been to over a dozen MLB parks and this is one of the best.
    Indoors is fine. The ridiculously short porch in left is fine. Those silly right angles in LCF and CF turn the place into baseball pinball. All they need to do is make those angles more obtuse and they have an actual baseball game instead of a pinball game. They could even have dead space behind the remade angles. Who would care?

There are so many ridiculous aspects of modern MLB that this park is not even close to the worst example. I guess we should be thrilled that the Hill and the flagpole on the field of play are gone. Its not worse than The Trop which is both ridiculous AND a dungeon.

I take back all the crap I spewed on Holt. I was dead wrong.
    Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

I think it's cool that you have said this.

He's a sub.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

It's beenover 95 for 15 straight days, and we haven't even hit summer, yet.

You have to play indoors in this sauna.

The park here is really nice.

There's a huge window in LF that gives you a feeling of being outdoors. The grass is green. The seats are comfortable and all facing home plate.

I've been to over a dozen MLB parks and this is one of the best.
    That corner thingy in left-center is fucked and the placement of the advertising signage is odd.

Other than that, that place looks mint to me.

Seats all facing home plate?????

What is that?

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

We moved down behind the sox dugout for the 7th to 9th inning.

Great game. Thunderstorms opened up right after we got to the van.
    Excellent timing.

Legend
    It was a tough job, but someone had to do it!

Hope we have started a nice winning stretch here.
    I'm glad you had a good time.

I assume you're staying for the Astros' two-game series against the first-place Seattle Mariners on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Not.

Winning the last 2 games of this series against Verlander and Morton and without Mookie speaks well for this team.

Benintendi has been awesome lately.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Winning the last 2 games of this series against Verlander and Morton and without Mookie speaks well for this team.

Exactly.

And let it be noted by all citizens of talksox that our own moonslav attended both wins in person and with his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Navafan29 View Post
    Maybe somebody has mentioned this already, but can someone explain why the Yankees are listed as 1st place, but 1 game back? I assume it has to do with the ridiculous difference in games played.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/index.jsp
    The Yankees have a slightly better winning percentage. You are correct about it being due to the difference in games played. You often see this early in the season; I don’t think I’ve ever seen it this far in.

If the Yankees go 4-2 in their “extra” games, the two teams would be tied. If they go 5-1, the Evil Empire would have a 1 games lead, if they go 3-3, the Sox would be ahead by 1 game.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post

This rotation really is something special this year. Pretty tough to pick a clear Ace when everyone is pitching so good. Price's last 5 starts have been nothing short of terrific, and Porcello has been a gem all season except for maybe 1 or 2 rough starts. When the pitching is on I feel like we can win any given night even with injuries. However with that said I can't wait to get Mookie back.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    This rotation really is something special this year. Pretty tough to pick a clear Ace when everyone is pitching so good. Price's last 5 starts have been nothing short of terrific, and Porcello has been a gem all season except for maybe 1 or 2 rough starts. When the pitching is on I feel like we can win any given night even with injuries. However with that said I can't wait to get Mookie back.
    I don't think they are "something special," at least, not yet. But I do like the overall average of the five best--Sale, Price, Porcello, ERod, and Wright. Pom has been worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    Indoors is fine. The ridiculously short porch in left is fine. Those silly right angles in LCF and CF turn the place into baseball pinball. All they need to do is make those angles more obtuse and they have an actual baseball game instead of a pinball game. They could even have dead space behind the remade angles. Who would care?

There are so many ridiculous aspects of modern MLB that this park is not even close to the worst example. I guess we should be thrilled that the Hill and the flagpole on the field of play are gone. Its not worse than The Trop which is both ridiculous AND a dungeon.
    Yes, those crazy angles are funky, and it wouldn't change the charm of the park to take them out, but overall, the park is very very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    That corner thingy in left-center is fucked and the placement of the advertising signage is odd.

Other than that, that place looks mint to me.

Seats all facing home plate?????

What is that?
    It's a dig at Fenway. The seats down the first base line to RF all face CF and not home plate.

I got s stiff neck watching a game with my head turned left for 4 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    I'm glad you had a good time.

I assume you're staying for the Astros' two-game series against the first-place Seattle Mariners on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Not.
    I love baseball, but my obsession ends with the Sox. 162 games is enough.

Deity
    It's a dig at Fenway. The seats down the first base line to RF all face CF and not home plate.

Exactly. Fenway Park is very photogenic but has lousy sight lines down the right side.

I made my comment about the seats in jest. I am fully aware of the awkward seating at Fenway.