Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Yankees vs. ESPN

Yankees vs. ESPN

Seems that ESPN has picked the Yankees-Blue Jays game for the Sunday night broadcast on July 8. The problem is that as a result of rainouts, the Yankees just agreed to a doubleheader in Baltimore on the 9th. They will wriggle out of the night game on the 8th; other teams would not be so fortunate.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/r...s_espn_debacle
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Good call. that Sunday game will be swapped out in short order with zero/minimal fanfare.....
    other names i have posted under: none

Damn MLB not forcing the Yankees to play 3 games in 24 hours!! It's almost like they give a shit about the players!!

The Yankees should boycott this game. They need to lose the division at the hands of the Red Sox, not at the hands of a dumb schedule. If I were in the Yankees position, I would be tempted to boycott the game in the most dramatic way - calling up as many AAA players as possible and putting them in the game, while flying the stars to the next game ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Navafan29 View Post
    The Yankees should boycott this game. They need to lose the division at the hands of the Red Sox, not at the hands of a dumb schedule. If I were in the Yankees position, I would be tempted to boycott the game in the most dramatic way - calling up as many AAA players as possible and putting them in the game, while flying the stars to the next game ahead of time.
    You have no idea how roster moves are made, do you?

This isn’t September, if you call somebody up, you have to send somebody down. And if you send somebody down, they have to stay there 10 days.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Andrew Marchand
    ‏Verified account @AndrewMarchand

ESPN will televise Angels-Dodgers instead of Yankees-Blue Jays on July 8th’s Sunday Night Baseball.
    5:51 PM - 5 Jun 2018

Jason Mastrodonato
    ‏Verified account @JMastrodonato
    4m4 minutes ago

Jason Mastrodonato Retweeted Andrew Marchand

Alex Cora just now: "If they do that, then sometime down the road when somebody has to do it too, it’s going to come up, and if they do it for one team they have to do it for everybody."

Right on Cora.

Cora is being disingenuous. The Yankees had the right to vote on which day to play the DH against Baltimore. They voted to do it Monday and immediately thereafter found out their game was moved to 8pm the night before. I get it. 3 games within 24 hours with a flight inbetween is not appropriate when it was avoidable
    Hal sucks

A few years ago the Sox play a Sunday night game in Boston and had to fly to San Fran for a day game next day.

This is a double header that they voted on and then the game was changed immediately after voting on it
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    This is a double header that they voted on and then the game was changed immediately after voting on it
    You'll live. They'll live.

BTW, they should move SNB to 7 PM. That 8 start is shit.

The Yankees are crying like girls. No insult to girls. Just a figure of speech. The girls and women in my family are tough as nails. Boss Steinbrenner would have reveled in being the National game, and never would have cried about it, especially since his players were the highest paid in baseball. Wusses.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    The Yankees are crying like girls. No insult to girls. Just a figure of speech. The girls and women in my family are tough as nails. Boss Steinbrenner would have reveled in being the National game, and never would have cried about it, especially since his players were the highest paid in baseball. Wusses.
    x 2.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    BTW, they should move SNB to 7 PM. That 8 start is shit.
    agree 100%
    Hal sucks