Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: June 15 - Red Sox @ Mariners

June 15 - Red Sox @ Mariners

Porcello v Paxton

Paxton has been the Ace for Seattle thus far this season so tonight is a great night to jump on him early and often. time to bludgeon someone.
    which Rik shows up? big, gerthy, small, or limp dik rik? size matters boys.

EFF Showalter x 5
    other names i have posted under: none

Rick is going to throw that D around like a fish at Pike Place.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Sox have problems vs. lefty starters, but it's hard not to have faith in them right now. A very nice win last night. Porcello needs to have good command tonight to win, but he is so much better this year than last.

Possible Holt will replace Nunez at 2b because this year he hits lefties a lot better. I still see Beni in LF, Devers at 3b, and Moreland at 1B and I don't remember whether Porcello has a preference for who catches him.

I certainly won't complain about a split, but right now I'd like to see 3-1--thanks to Price last night.

Not living in New England, I don't see much casual news on the Sox, only MLB type feeds. But have not seen even an update on Pedroia for a few days regarding taming his inflammation. Like others I think the Sox need to be ready to move on with little or only late season contribution from Pedey, which is regrettable but maybe a lot better next year. What do those closer to the scene hear about him ?

Nice way to open the series last night.

Keep things rolling Sox!

WIN!!!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Not living in New England, I don't see much casual news on the Sox, only MLB type feeds. But have not seen even an update on Pedroia for a few days regarding taming his inflammation. Like others I think the Sox need to be ready to move on with little or only late season contribution from Pedey, which is regrettable but maybe a lot better next year. What do those closer to the scene hear about him ?
    No news of Pedey is not good news. If he were making progress, we would know about it. Others want DD to get another 2b, but I'm fine with Nunez and Holt, imperfect as they are. Unless a really good one becomes available cheap, of course.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    No news of Pedey is not good news. If he were making progress, we would know about it. Others want DD to get another 2b, but I'm fine with Nunez and Holt, imperfect as they are. Unless a really good one becomes available cheap, of course.
    June 14, 2018 2:53 pm
    Red Sox's Dustin Pedroia: Continues to deal with inflammation
    by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire
    Pedroia will step away from baseball activities due to the lingering inflammation in his left knee, Christopher Smith of MassLive.com reports.

Pedroia was recently able to resume hitting and playing catch but will take a break from all activities for the time being to give his knee the best chance to heal. The Red Sox have yet to describe a timetable for their second baseman, but a multi-week absence isn't out of the question, especially considering the knee troubles Pedroia has dealt with in the past.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    Pedroia will step away from baseball activities due to the lingering inflammation in his left knee, Christopher Smith of MassLive.com reports.

Pedroia was recently able to resume hitting and playing catch but will take a break from all activities for the time being to give his knee the best chance to heal. The Red Sox have yet to describe a timetable for their second baseman, but a multi-week absence isn't out of the question, especially considering the knee troubles Pedroia has dealt with in the past.
    Plus there's the little matter of Pedroia coming back after missing two months or so and playing, what 2 games?

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post

Old Yeller

Benni is sitting. Really??? Do we sit Benni as well for a lefty in the playoff?

Nunez is hitting .167 .219 .200 vs LHP

Deity
    1. Mookie Betts (R) RF
    2. Brock Holt (L) 2B
    3. J.D. Martinez (R) LF
    4. Mitch Moreland (L) 1B
    5. Xander Bogaerts (R) SS
    6. Rafael Devers (L) 3B
    7. Eduardo Nunez (R) DH
    8. Jackie Bradley Jr. (L) CF
    9. Sandy Leon (S) C

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post

Everybody needs to rest once in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Everybody needs to rest once in a while.
    Nunez turn is hopefully around the corner.

they are facing a very tough left hander tonight.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Maybe Cora will use Andrew as a pinch hitter. Only kidding.