Register now to remove this ad

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: 6/16 @ Seattle

I love 1-0 games. Of course I do as I always put the emphasis on pitching and defense. It’s a bummer to be on the 0 side of the score but will always enjoy a 1-0 game.
    Let’s get the series split today.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    A "Yankees suck" chant just broke out in Arizona at a Dbacks - Mets game. It warmed my heart a bit.
    After a couple of losses like that, you have to appreciate the small things........ I'm with you.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    I love 1-0 games. Of course I do as I always put the emphasis on pitching and defense. It’s a bummer to be on the 0 side of the score but will always enjoy a 1-0 game.
    We disagree on a lot, but I emphatically agree with you on 1-0 games which to me are very exciting. Last night their infield defense definitely helped hold that small lead. Devers error cost Wright nothing other than a few extra pitches, and he also made some good plays. Their defense cost them in game 2, but they won it anyway when our bullpen folded. Our defense definitely helped get the game 1 win.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    The Hanley move would seem to suggest that the Sox think their young players other than Mookie need another year of seasoning and they need the $22m from next season that they would have paid Hanely to sign another serious bat. Pedey is not an answer at his age though it will be good to have his defense back and he can't be worse at the plate than some of the guys we are sending up there now. But if I had to bet, I would bet the Sox really don't think their chances of getting past both the MFY and the Astros are that good this year. The Sox were willing to risk what Hanley could give them this year against having to pay him $22m in 2019. I frankly don't think Hanley would give the Sox a better chance of getting past both the MFY and the Astros this year. If they get past them they get past them. Just don't see Hanley figuring greatly in that calculus.
    I don't think that's the case at all. The team we have this year can compete with anybody, especially in a short series. They dumped Ramirez to free up the $22 million for next year, but it had nothing to do with them thinking this year's team wasn't good enough.

I think it was a mistake to drop Hanley so early in the season. I've said that all along. Hanley might not have made that much of a difference. Then again, he might have.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Another loss. At least Wright has been fantastic.
    Wright has been fantastic, and our rotation as a whole has been pretty darn good.

This team will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    It was a good game. Frustrating, but good. Tip your hat to LeBlanc and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Wright has been fantastic, and our rotation as a whole has been pretty darn good.

This team will be fine.
    The Sox are more than fine. We’re about 40% done with the season and the Sox are 9.5 games up on a playoff bid. Most seasons, their start would have them well in front in the ALE. Heck, move the Sox to any other division.

ALC- 10.5 games up
    ALW- 1 game up
    NLE- 6.5 games up
    NLC- 5 games up
    NLW- 8 games up

The shitty thing for you guys is the Yanks are 4 games up in the loss column and 1 game up in the traditional counting metrics. There’s a reason for consternation here. Your team may win over 100 games and end up in a play in game. This is why bolstering the club is at the center of most discussions. Not because of what you’ve done, but by what others have around you. Your team needs to be bolstered in the lineup. They’ll still go to the playoffs, but with half your lineup either in a year long slump or just not good, the Sox aren’t likely to put up enough runs against quality pitching to get past where they’ve stalled out the last two seasons. It’s shitty that a 100 won team could end up in the playing game. That being said, a few years ago, the Pirates were in on with High 90s in wins as well as another club from the central. The ebbs and flows of the game are like that

Tough loss for Wright, but I'm glad to see he's finally getting some lovin' from knuckle ball naysayers.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Tough loss for Wright, but I'm glad to see he's finally getting some lovin' from knuckle ball naysayers.
    No love from me, but definitely praise for his amazing pitching, season to date. That thing is working and he also has the occasional fast ball and even that huge curve.

Plus let's not forget Vazquez who is doing a splendid job catching him--a job that Varitek absolutely could not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    No love from me, but definitely praise for his amazing pitching, season to date. That thing is working and he also has the occasional fast ball and even that huge curve.

Plus let's not forget Vazquez who is doing a splendid job catching him--a job that Varitek absolutely could not do.
    Yes, "love" was a poor choice of words after the off season issues with Wright.

Yes, Vaz is doing a great job with Wright. It's not an easy task. Had Wakefield been given capable catchers his whole career, his numbers would have looked much better.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Yes, "love" was a poor choice of words after the off season issues with Wright.

Yes, Vaz is doing a great job with Wright. It's not an easy task. Had Wakefield been given capable catchers his whole career, his numbers would have looked much better.
    I believe WAKE had more movement on his knuckler than Wright.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The Sox are more than fine. We’re about 40% done with the season and the Sox are 9.5 games up on a playoff bid. Most seasons, their start would have them well in front in the ALE. Heck, move the Sox to any other division.

ALC- 10.5 games up
    ALW- 1 game up
    NLE- 6.5 games up
    NLC- 5 games up
    NLW- 8 games up

The shitty thing for you guys is the Yanks are 4 games up in the loss column and 1 game up in the traditional counting metrics. There’s a reason for consternation here. Your team may win over 100 games and end up in a play in game. This is why bolstering the club is at the center of most discussions. Not because of what you’ve done, but by what others have around you. Your team needs to be bolstered in the lineup. They’ll still go to the playoffs, but with half your lineup either in a year long slump or just not good, the Sox aren’t likely to put up enough runs against quality pitching to get past where they’ve stalled out the last two seasons. It’s shitty that a 100 won team could end up in the playing game. That being said, a few years ago, the Pirates were in on with High 90s in wins as well as another club from the central. The ebbs and flows of the game are like that
    Nothing warms the cockles of a SOX fan's heart more than getting condescending advice from a Yankem fan. I don't blame you for being on this thread because I can only imagine how fucking stupid a Yankem talk thread would be. Yankem fans=dotards.

Here's my advice to Yankem fans. Build a better ballpark. The sandbox you have now is a disgrace to the word 'stadium.'