Register now to remove this ad

Page 83 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1584

Thread: Who Should the Red Sox Trade For?

Quote Originally Posted by greenmonster24 View Post
    I bet if we toke Chris Davis back we could get get Britten for a lot less. with Hanley gone he could become good again with change of scenery like Mike Lowell and Redsox can afford his salary lot small market teams can’t
    God no.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    God no.
    I'd rather see Schoop and Britton in a package deal. Schoop is a 2nd baseman, is 26 and has a lifetime average of nearly 260. He isn't having his best year so might be cheap. He has good size and is from Curacao. We could have the middle infield from the ABC islands. Britton would be the key piece but Schoop might prove to be useful going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Oakland gave up crap for Familia. International Pool money big thing.
    Maybe, unlike what many have been saying, it's a buyer's market.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Pom has proved he can be very effective as a two pitch SP'er.

He's hit a rough stretch that may be affected by an injury.

Sure, it would help if he had a 3rd effective pitch, but he may not need one, if he can just regain what he had the first half of 2016 and all of 2017.

He got away with those 2 pitches in a new league when no one faced him yet. You can only get away with that for so long.
    other names i have posted under: none

Chris Davis contract is from 2016 to 2022. 23 Million only a million more then Hanley. If we can resign after year and not have pay Kimbrel huge as he get a deal greater then Chapman probably. I predict Cubs they keep letting there closers walk and will after letting Davis walk see how important a closer is in post season or Nationals even Phillies could sign Kimbrel. Moreland numbers have gone done sense Hanley left.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    He got away with those 2 pitches in a new league when no one faced him yet. You can only get away with that for so long.
    He got away with it a year and a half and made the allstar team before being hurt. But being hurt seems to be his 3 pitch, so there is that.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    That logic does not fit here.

Pom started 13 games in the AL in 2016. He then followed with an excellent season in 2017. He started 32 games.

In 2016, Pom faced the...

Yanks 3 times
    TBR 3 times
    DET 2 times
    LAA , BAL , CLE , SEA 1 time

He then faced these AL teams in 2017
    5 NYY
    4 BAL
    4 TBR
    4 TOR
    2 CWS, HOU, KCR, OAK
    1 CLE, DET, MN, SEA, TEX

His 2nd half ERA was better than his first: 3.01 vs 3.60.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    That logic does not fit here.

Pom started 13 games in the AL in 2016. He then followed with an excellent season in 2017. He started 32 games.

In 2016, Pom faced the...

Yanks 3 times
    TBR 3 times
    DET 2 times
    LAA , BAL , CLE , SEA 1 time

He then faced these AL teams in 2017
    5 NYY
    4 BAL
    4 TBR
    4 TOR
    2 CWS, HOU, KCR, OAK
    1 CLE, DET, MN, SEA, TEX

His 2nd half ERA was better than his first: 3.01 vs 3.60.

I guess injury then.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by greenmonster24 View Post
    I bet if we toke Chris Davis back we could get get Britten for a lot less. with Hanley gone he could become good again with change of scenery like Mike Lowell and Redsox can afford his salary lot small market teams can’t
    Absolutely not. Davis has literally been the worst player in baseball this season, and is signed until 2023. We are already paying Pablo not to be on the team, do we really want another one of those situations? I wouldn't want Chris Davis and his horrendous deal under any circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Absolutely not. Davis has literally been the worst player in baseball this season, and is signed until 2023. We are already paying Pablo not to be on the team, do we really want another one of those situations? I wouldn't want Chris Davis and his horrendous deal under any circumstances.
    Davis is in the midst of the worst full season be a full time player in the history of the game.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    I'd rather see Schoop and Britton in a package deal. Schoop is a 2nd baseman, is 26 and has a lifetime average of nearly 260. He isn't having his best year so might be cheap. He has good size and is from Curacao. We could have the middle infield from the ABC islands. Britton would be the key piece but Schoop might prove to be useful going forward.
    I don't see a reason for the Orioles to include Schoop in a Britton deal and sell low on him. He would be a nice get, but he's coming off a 5 WAR season and is only 26.. Injuries derailed this season, but that doesn't make him just a cheap throw in.

Legend
    Pomeranz pitched 25 innings and had 16 BB's in Pawtucket and Portand. Jeez. In the Majors you walk batters your playing Russian Roulette.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 07-21-2018 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Pomeranz pitched 25 innings and had 16 BB's in Pawtucket and Portand. Jeez. In the Majors you walk batters your playing Russian Roulette.
    I beleive his only good start was the last one. We are reaching on him coming up and doing well. I'm not expecting the best, but I'm a Sox fan so it kind of falls that way.

i think the people that aren't impressed with his stuff are correct. He's only good at the top of his game, and he needs to hit close to mid 90 to be at the top of his game.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Pomeranz didn’t get by on smoke and mirrors. He had a fastball that hitters said played a lot harder than the 91.3 mph he averaged. He’d work that pitch up while using that devastating curveball down. The other thing fangraphs doesn’t really take into account is the varying speeds on his fastball. Last year, I saw him throw fastballs in the same game of 89 and 95. He’d vary his speeds as well and threw just enough cutters to make the pitch a viable concern for hitters. Two things have killed him this year, one fixable and one likely not. This year, the top end velocity is gone. That may not be fixable. The other is he lost command of his curve. He can regain that. Without his ability to go with heat up, he cannot reset the batters eyes to make the curve that much more devastating.

Legend
    Thornburg and Smith are two relief pitchers DD brought in that have not done the job to date through injury, stupidity or what have you. The two have been far less stellar than we had hoped. Brasier has been excellent. So hard to tell when we bring in relief pitchers.