Register now to remove this ad

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/17 @ Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    Should have done something about that as they were divesting themselves of Panda. In fact Panda should never have come here in the first place. But if they wanted to be taken seriously as a team that could go somewhere in the post season then they needed a real 3rd baseman instead of screwing around with Panda and then when that failed trying to hide the need for a real 3rd baseman behind a kid. If they don't actually have any intentions toward a real post season run then fine I guess. But thinking this team is going somewhere post season becomes very difficult when you have virtual kids playing big big junks of 162 game seasons and then expecting that by season end when every game is against a real baseball team that their youth will not become even more evident in the crucible of post season play.

The Sox are stuck now. I just don't like seeing kids like Devers treated like this is on them as players because its not. We should be hoping for the day when Devers was good enough to come up as either a 1st baseman or a 3rd baseman, not banging on him because he is not much of a ML 3rd baseman. Its not his fault.

This should be Beni's first full ML season and he is not ready yet either. All you have to do is look at his splits to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    Beni's not ready? I don't get that. He is clearly one of the best hitters on the team, has stolen 12 of 13 bases, is playing a decent left field and is a good replacement for JBJ when he sits. I think virtually any other team in the league would love to have him.
    Ahhhhhh?????

Beni's not ready WHAT?

No.... WTF?
    Last edited by Sox75; 06-17-2018 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    [/SIZE]

Ahhhhhh?????

Beni's not ready WHAT?

No.... WTF?
    Totally WTF?

Sounds like you had a good weekend Sox75. You got to see some really good ball....
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

It's been great!

Btw.....

Jung does realize that Beni has been the Sox best offensive player over the last 30 games? Right?

27 100 22 35 6 2 9 23 15 17 5 1 .350 .432 .720 1.152

OOOPS! ONLY 9 HR's, & 23 rbi's in the last 27 games he's played in?

My bad!

LMFAO :0

1.152 OPS.....

ARE those now "old school stats?"

Wait wait wait ..,.

I'm sorry! I thought Beni only had 23 rbi's in his last 27 games?

Turns out it's only 23 rbi's.

WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    It's been great!
    You eat grasshoppers, or wimp out?
    In our yellow submarine

At this point in the season the SOX have played the other 3 top teams in the AL a total of 14 games. They're record is 7-7. The SOX will play both the Astros and the Mariners 3 more times each at Fenway. The SOX will end the season with a 3 game home stand with the Yankems.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    At this point in the season the SOX have played the other 3 top teams in the AL a total of 14 games. They're record is 7-7. The SOX will play both the Astros and the Mariners 3 more times each at Fenway. The SOX will end the season with a 3 game home stand with the Yankems.
    Everyone of those series has been an back alley brawl. Good stuff.
    In our yellow submarine

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    Everyone of those series has been an back alley brawl. Good stuff.
    It should be interesting what these 4 teams do before the July 31st trade deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Fat Panda should be ashamed to be playing in SF while getting paid by Boston. I understand contracts very well but baseball needs an out clause for no-guaranteed money, like the NFL. Maybe pay off the season the guy is DFA'ed but no more. Will never happen as the Players Union would go batshit. But allowing a guy to become a minimum salary FA with multi-years left is a competitve imbalance and Manfred needs to wake up tomorrow and change it.
    Eh, as Red Sox fans we're whiners if we complain that much about the Pablo thing. We made a bad move and it burned us. We do enjoy a competitive imbalance with the size of our payroll.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    Should have done something about that as they were divesting themselves of Panda. In fact Panda should never have come here in the first place. But if they wanted to be taken seriously as a team that could go somewhere in the post season then they needed a real 3rd baseman instead of screwing around with Panda and then when that failed trying to hide the need for a real 3rd baseman behind a kid. If they don't actually have any intentions toward a real post season run then fine I guess. But thinking this team is going somewhere post season becomes very difficult when you have virtual kids playing big big junks of 162 game seasons and then expecting that by season end when every game is against a real baseball team that their youth will not become even more evident in the crucible of post season play.

The Sox are stuck now. I just don't like seeing kids like Devers treated like this is on them as players because its not. We should be hoping for the day when Devers was good enough to come up as either a 1st baseman or a 3rd baseman, not banging on him because he is not much of a ML 3rd baseman. Its not his fault.

This should be Beni's first full ML season and he is not ready yet either. All you have to do is look at his splits to see that.
    Sorry, jung, but I have to pile on here. Beni's not ready? You've kind of lost your marbles with that statement.

Legend
    We miss Paxson next weekend, but we face LaBlanc again. Never in my wildest imagination, would I worry about a journeyman like this guy. There is serious problem against LHP when you get 2 hit by this guy. Next weekend we face 2 LHP's, both are about the same kind of Pitcher. Lest hope this not a recurring trend.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 06-18-2018 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    We miss Paxson next weekend, but we face LaBlanc again. Never in my wildest imagination, would I worry about a journeyman like this guy. There is serious problem against LHP when you get 2 hit by this guy.
    It is a little baffling that we struggle so much against lefties when we have 2 of the best right-handed hitters in baseball.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    It is a little baffling that we struggle so much against lefties when we have 2 of the best right-handed hitters in baseball.
    Its the Left handed Bats that are the problem I think. Too loaded on that side.
    Just quick Benni is hitting. .197 against LHP this year. JBJ .120 Devers .203
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 06-18-2018 at 07:58 AM.