Register now to remove this ad

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: 6/19 @ Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    That was ugly! Time to send Scotty to Pawtucket.
    This !!! That guy comes in after all that time working on his game and walks the lead off ?? Cut his ass

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Well, the SOX didn't lose any ground to the O's.
    Or the Jays. Tampa is leading the Astros 2-1 in the bottom of the 9th.

Mitch ,Nuney are not everyday players Holt is not an everyday player ,Sandy who had a big hit is not an everyday player .The team needs a real Secondbase starter and a real 1b starter .ideas please

I believe us TALK SOXERS take these losses harder than the SOX players. Remember, they have their millions to fall back on; all we have is our anger.

I believe us TALK SOXERS take these losses harder than the SOX players. Remember, they have their millions to fall back on; all we have is our anger.
    And sometimes beer.

Well. Wasn’t expecting that.

And sometimes beer.
    This.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Obviously as fans we don't know most of what really happens in the clubhouse or on the off hours, but I have to wonder if Sale ever mentions to the rest of the team how often this seems to happen. Like "What did I ever do to you guys?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    They have the look of a very tired club. Long trip, crossed 5 times zones back and forth. Any one who has ever traveled for work knows what I'm taking about.

It would be easier to stay on the coast for 3 series like they used to do.
    It's exhausting! Better off going straight to a game!

Or..... Not calling up Scott Ro?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Obviously as fans we don't know most of what really happens in the clubhouse or on the off hours, but I have to wonder if Sale ever mentions to the rest of the team how often this seems to happen. Like "What did I ever do to you guys?!"
    I said almost the same thing back on page 4 or thereabouts when he was throwing a no-hitter, then a one-hitter.

Deity
    I stopped watching around the 7th last night both because of the lateness of the hour and because of an ominous feeling I had that this was going to be one of those games that this year and last happen mostly to Chris Sale.

Natick to NC is once again dead wrong blaming last night on the bottom part of the order when they got half the hits and all of the rbi's.

I also disagree with the tiredness factor because Monday was a day off and they had over 48 hours between games.

Relatedly, there was a discussion somewhere about overusing poor Kimbrel, who as of right now hasn't pitched since last Thursday. Last night would have been a perfect game for him to get a two inning save except that 1) the game was tied, so no lead; 2) Kimbrel doesn't do windows.

Deity
    Meh. I think MLB players need to be good at putting bad games behind them because the season is an unbelievable grind. I also think they all love to win and don't like losing at all. After a bad loss like this one, our guys need to focus on the next game.

We, on the other hand, have TS on which to unload some of that anger.

Legend
    When checking out a Boxscore for the game, just move right into where it says Team in RISP, fast way if team did good on Offense that night. Much faster. 2-13 last night. Easy to see where they failed to score runs.
    There is a reason this stat has been in the Boxscore for years.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    When checking out a Boxscore for the game, just move right into where it says Team in RISP, fast way if team did good on Offense that night. Much faster. 2-13 last night. Easy to see where they failed to score runs.
    There is a reason this stat has been in the Boxscore for years.
    Yup. Among the 11 at bats which produced no hits were some that were actually K's, which are especially painful.