Register now to remove this ad

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 6/21 @ Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    No stop that. The dude deserves a bit of respect I would think. Not sure why a person who showed up at work and gave his best needs to be trashed. The jokes lost on me.
    With you 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    I have the ultimate respect for Pedey and what he brings to the field. I always have and always will. However, we don't see or hear much of what comes out of the clubhouse. Different players have different attitudes and I have to admit that I wasn't impressed by "It's not me, it's them". IMO a functional clubhouse has a "we" and not a "me and them" in it.
    I absolutely understand having a problem with Pedroia saying that in public. That whole situation was a mess. And I think Farrell made matters worse by doing nothing, just as he did with the Price-Eckersley debacle.

This really belongs on the other thread, though.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    You would think it will become an advantage, as would winning 6 or 7 in a row, while the Yankees lose 2 of 3 but neither of those are happening right now. They just finished spanking the Mariners in NY. So for comparison check the results of Mariners-Red Sox series Sunday evening.
    Looked back to May 1, almost 2 full months, and the Sox have won 4 games in a row 4 times since then but never 5 or more . While it would be great to win 4 of 5 consistently , that hasn't happened. So they find themselves 2 down in the standings , being all 4 games in the loss column. The home schedule surplus needs to be taken advantage of.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    It’s not my knee, it’s them!
    lulz
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."