Register now to remove this ad

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Yankees Trade Rumors

Gray has value. His splits show he’s a damn good pitcher when he’s not in NY or BOS.

Then he might have more value for somebody else, if he can't pitch in Bos or NY he has half the value for us

I'm starting to think the Mets wait to the offseason to make a decision on Degrom. A new GM will be hired in the offseason and he will be responsible for deciding if the Mets rebuild or continue to try to compete. If the latter, the Mets have a very competitive rotation next year:
    Degrom
    Syndergaard
    Matz
    Wheeler

You can win a World Series with that rotation. The Mets would need to make changes to their position players and upgrade the bullpen.

I think the Yankees end up with Eovaldi. That sounds like Cashman's speed, a rotation upgrade who would allow the Yankees to hold on to their best young talent. I wonder who the Yankees would have to give up for Eovaldi? C.Adams and something else (but not Florial, Sheffield, or any young talent on the current roster)?
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 07-13-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Eovaldi and Happ are killing their market right now. Both have been rocked of late. I wonder if coming out of the ASB is Sheffield will get a couple starts in German’s place. There’s a real chance the Yanks shore up the pen even further and leave the rotation in the hands of the four vets and a rotating kid. Cash is gonna do something for sure

The Yankees are getting interest in Sonny Gray.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

That sucks.

I wish they would get stuck with him.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

C.Frazier, Brian Cashman's favorite trade chip--he can't get rid of him fast enough--was put on the DL for a concussion. This was the second time this year that Frazier landed on the DL due to concussion. With the trade deadline coming up, the timing couldn't be more problematic for the Yankees: a second concussion will give teams pause in trading for Frazier. To obtain a SP, the Yankees will need to turn to other trade chips. I doubt they can use Loaisiga in a trade (shoulder). Of course, the Yankees still have Florial and Sheffield and could obtain a really good starter with those two. According to reports, however, the Yankees are unwilling to trade Sheffield.

The Yankees might look to obtain more of a 4th or 5th starter, a guy who won't require a top prospect. But this might not be the best strategy. The Yankees are one of the best teams in baseball--why not go all out for a SP and increase the team's odds of winning a championship?
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 07-22-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Someone -- was it Heyman? -- said this is all nonsense. The Yankees are not trading Gray. After all, the Yankees are a little short in the rotation as it is. They can't possibly lose another starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    Someone -- was it Heyman? -- said this is all nonsense. The Yankees are not trading Gray. After all, the Yankees are a little short in the rotation as it is. They can't possibly lose another starter.
    Many of the rumors at this time of the year are nonsense.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I'm starting to think the Mets wait to the offseason to make a decision on Degrom. A new GM will be hired in the offseason and he will be responsible for deciding if the Mets rebuild or continue to try to compete. If the latter, the Mets have a very competitive rotation next year:
    Degrom
    Syndergaard
    Matz
    Wheeler

You can win a World Series with that rotation. The Mets would need to make changes to their position players and upgrade the bullpen.

I think the Yankees end up with Eovaldi. That sounds like Cashman's speed, a rotation upgrade who would allow the Yankees to hold on to their best young talent. I wonder who the Yankees would have to give up for Eovaldi? C.Adams and something else (but not Florial, Sheffield, or any young talent on the current roster)?
    If I were the Mets , I would not trade any of these pitchers and try to rebuild. They had everything go wrong this year , but they have a good nucleus of talent to build around , and could easily get back in contention next year. But if they did intend to deal deGrom , now would be the time. They would get better offers for him now than they would in the off season.

Frazier’s concussion won’t complicate matters as he will end up being fine going forward. Loaisiga’s shoulder will as nobody will want to deal for him until they see him throw again and that won’t be til after the break. We’ve got a lot more than just them, though. Machado brought back more in quantity than I had expected. They only got one top 100 guy which was about what I’d anticipated. The Mets got almost nothing for Familia. The rest of the rentals out there will likely be had for nothing. With the deadline approaching, my expectations have become true. I expected almost radio silence out of NYY. I’ve heard more Sox rumors than Yanks rumors. This adds to Cashman’s unpredictable nature. My bet all along has been that we would get JA Happ and a reliever. I still think that’s the way they’ll go, but I’m pulling that out of my ass just as much an anyone. Cash could make a roster changing shakeup as well.

As expected, the Yanks are in on Britton. They’re also in on Archer, which would be interesting IMO but probably a rough move as the Sox dominate him and he’s got issues with the long ball (Sonny Gray says hi). I think Britton and Happ would be the right move.

Apparently Wilpon of the Mets is so caught up in the Yankees winning percentage and trying to stay relevant that a deal to NYY would likely not happen even if the Yanks were the best option. The dysfunction in that FO is at an all time high.

Wasn't J.Morneau's career derailed due to concussions? I don't remember now, but two concussions in four months of baseball should be a red flag IMO. Some teams might want to see Frazier stay healthy (or concussion-free) for a full season before trading for him.

Wasn't J.Morneau's career derailed due to concussions? I don't remember now, but two concussions in four months of baseball should be a red flag IMO. Some teams might want to see Frazier stay healthy (or concussion-free) for a full season before trading for him.
    His trade value has plummeted. He’s a throw in at best right now
    other names i have posted under: none

That’s not true at all. Frazier is 23 and has been killing AAA pitching. He’s in demand for sure. My bet is he is kept, though, with the current injury. Morneau had a bunch of concussions over his long big league career. I’d take a career like Morneau’s for Frazier absolutely.

The problem right now isn’t a lack of viable trade assets to send elsewhere, the problem right now is a lack of quality guys to deal for. We saw a generational talent in Machado moved, a dominant closer in Hand and a few ancillary guys moved this far (Familia, Colome, Span, Pearce), but no real juice to the deadline at all. The Yanks needs are clear. We have seven days to see if they address them