Register now to remove this ad

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Natick to NC View Post
    No way that idiot owner in Baltimore trades Mchado to the team he hates the most .I give the man credit if he does but the hate is real .
    Peter Angelos is taking a far less aggressive role in every day operations and his sons are taking over. They’re not as hard up against the Yankees as dear old Dad was. The most important thing for the Orioles is getting back the best they can get. If Manny goes to NYY and wins a title, but the package they get back ends up helping them then it’s a win win.

I am still perplexed as to the why, though. Our lineup is the deepest in baseball already. When Torres and Sanchez come back, we will have a 1-9 that can hurt you almost equally throughout especially with Bird showing the power bat we know he has. My guess is a Machado deal is the first domino of a larger deal to get an ace which would involve Andujar. You don’t deal top prospects for rentals, so I think Manny will come cheaper than most think. But a guy like DeGrom or Bumgarner is going to be expensive as hell

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Peter Angelos is taking a far less aggressive role in every day operations and his sons are taking over. They’re not as hard up against the Yankees as dear old Dad was. The most important thing for the Orioles is getting back the best they can get. If Manny goes to NYY and wins a title, but the package they get back ends up helping them then it’s a win win.

I am still perplexed as to the why, though. Our lineup is the deepest in baseball already. When Torres and Sanchez come back, we will have a 1-9 that can hurt you almost equally throughout especially with Bird showing the power bat we know he has. My guess is a Machado deal is the first domino of a larger deal to get an ace which would involve Andujar. You don’t deal top prospects for rentals, so I think Manny will come cheaper than most think. But a guy like DeGrom or Bumgarner is going to be expensive as hell
    I have a feeling that Cashman might be inclined to move Didi instead of Andujar, hope not but it's one of them for sure if he lands Machado. Or he's simply covering third base to deal Andujar away for a top of the rotation guy.

Now that you mentioned the Angelos family, looks a lot like the Steinbrenner, as soon as The Boss moved away the sons treated the team more as a business, not a lot of "visceral" moves after he left, hope the same happens with the O's

Quote Originally Posted by Natick to NC View Post
    No way that idiot owner in Baltimore trades Mchado to the team he hates the most .I give the man credit if he does but the hate is real .
    Think of it this way: the O's are out of it this year but hope they can compete in years to come.

Trading 2 months of Machado does nothing to hurt their odds this year. Their chances are already zero.

My trading Machado to NYY, they not only strengthen their long term future- they weaken NY's by taking some of their best young talent away.

Supposedly the Yankees offer for Machado was Clint Frazier, Erik Swanson, and Chance Adams. Yankees refuse to include Sheffield in any deal for him.

I'd rather just wait until 2019 to get Machado.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Supposedly the Yankees offer for Machado was Clint Frazier, Erik Swanson, and Chance Adams. Yankees refuse to include Sheffield in any deal for him.

I don't think they included Frazier in the offer, maybe if Britton is included, but not only for Machado.

Might not happen. If Machado goes to the Dodgers and likes it in L.A. , he might re up with them. It is an attractive market and they have the money.

What a crappy offer. Once again, Cashman can't make a trade without squeezing the other team to death. It is kind of interesting that Frazier shows up in every Yankees offer (according to rumors, the Yankees offered Frazier and Adams for Cole; the Pirates turned them down). Let's see if the Orioles are gullible enough to do it.

On the topic of Frazier, are there issues with his LF defense? I saw both games of the double hitter the other day and he played an awful LF, terrible jumps, instincts, and angles. I'm not sure if the two games were an anomaly or if he truly profiles as a below average LF.

I don't think they included Frazier in the offer, maybe if Britton is included, but not only for Machado.
    According to this report, the Orioles want Sheffield, the Yankees are pushing Frazier:
    https://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf...sheffield.html
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 07-12-2018 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    What a crappy offer. Once again, Cashman can't make a trade without squeezing the other team to death. It is kind of interesting that Frazier shows up in every Yankees offer (according to rumors, the Yankees offered Frazier and Adams for Cole; the Pirates turned them down). Let's see if the Orioles are gullible enough to do it.

On the topic of Frazier, are there issues with his LF defense? I saw both games of the double hitter the other day and he played an awful LF, terrible jumps, instincts, and angles. I'm not sure if the two games were an anomaly or if he truly profiles as a below average LF.

According to this report, the Orioles want Sheffield, the Yankees are pushing Frazier:
    Frazier is definitely a bat first OFer. He is pretty raw defensively but has the speed to be an above average corner OFer.

I'm prepared to laugh at the O's hard for screwing this up. It is inevitable

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post

You clearly don't know anything about our minor leaguers.
    Hal sucks

One had to remember that Machado is a rental. A rental that doesn't even come with draft pick compensation due to the trade. We bilked two desperate teams in 2016, one of them on a rental. We aren't a desperate team. We have a bright present and future. We don't have to blink and deal the farm.

Chance Adams is a big price to pay for Machado. I know the kid is having a rough first half, but his stuff is top end and he isn't even on a 40 man yet. Swanson has high velocity and has been destroying our system before he got hurt. He's on a rehab assignment, so it isn't like he is damaged goods. Frazier is a top prospect who has done nothing but absolutely rake in AAA at a young age. The kid shouldn't be dealt for a rental
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    I'm prepared to laugh at the O's hard for screwing this up. It is inevitable
    Start laughing, some reports say that neither Frazier or Sheffield are included in the offer

They shouldn't be. Machado is going to go for far less than most people realize. JD was dealt last year for 3 guys outside of the top 10 in a weak Arizona farm system. Rentals don't have value, especially when you can no longer get a pick for them
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    They shouldn't be. Machado is going to go for far less than most people realize. JD was dealt last year for 3 guys outside of the top 10 in a weak Arizona farm system. Rentals don't have value, especially when you can no longer get a pick for them
    It all depends on if a team is trying to win. Cubs gave up much more for a reliever.

I agree, Machado should be far cheaper than most people realize, he's a 3 months rental and very expensive.

Still thing it won't happen unles the Yanks have deal ready including Andujar