Register now to remove this ad

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    It all depends on if a team is trying to win. Cubs gave up much more for a reliever.
    The difference is that the cubs were desperate to land a closer, they had a big hole before the trade; the yanks have Andujar, even if he's not as good as Machado, he's far from a liability

And the Cubs were staring at a 108 year title drought. There’s a different pressure on your club when there’s a curse as some of you guys might remember.

There will be no Machado deal for Andujar. I could definitely see Andujar dealt for pitching if we get Machado, but we won’t send an .800 OPS 3b in the majors who has 5 more years of team control for a rental. That’s just stupid.

From the sounds of it, there’s been almost no offers for the Mets pair of aces. It seems initial requests scared everyone off. To this point, the Yanks have shown no willingness to deal Sheffield, as they’ve essentially labeled him as untouchable. Cashman has done this before where he’s seen the market and might upgrade a strength at a cheaper cost than upgrading a weakness

19 days to go. Cashman is going to do something major, I have little doubt of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    19 days to go. Cashman is going to do something major, I have little doubt of that.
    I agree with you there. I do not agree that he's selling the farm for a starter. He could be setting up smokescreens and has his eye on something totally unexpected
    Hal sucks

Let's wait for "stealth Cashman" to strike again

Legend
    I don't see Machado for you guys. That Cashman would give away, all these good young kids, Doubt it for a Rental. Dynamic Trade, with kids mentioned for Machado, I would say DeGrom.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    Let's wait for "stealth Cashman" to strike again
    Exactly. We knew Gray was heading to NY last year, but before that the deal with CWS came with no chatter and the Stanton trade was already done and waiting his approval when it was leaked. When you hear the Yankees involved in a rumor, I would say most of the time it’s the other team leaking and may not even be true.

He’s already said he’s doing something. In June he said the team had earned the right to be upgraded via trade. He’s not going to say that if he didn’t have an idea of what he could get.

In terms of predicting what he’s doing....

I think he makes a deal for an innings eater, possibly a JA Happ or a Kyle Gibson. I also think he’s going to land another high leverage reliever.

Legend
    Just want to clarify, I don't think you guys will go for a "Dynamic" Trade. Just a thought what direction if that's was the case. Still think Happ, and a Reliever too. Less will get you more, for your purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    I don't see Machado for you guys. That Cashman would give away, all these good young kids, Doubt it for a Rental. Dynamic Trade, with kids mentioned for Machado, I would say DeGrom.
    deGrom makes more sense, in terms of need area and team control years, but he'll cost more than Machado in prospects.

Does anyone doubt that Machado is a Yankee in 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post

Strong possibility, obviously. The Dodgers might make a run at him, to make things interesting.

deGrom makes more sense, in terms of need area and team control years, but he'll cost more than Machado in prospects.

I just read that the asking price for deGrom is that high that the Muts have no proposals for him.

Machado to the yankees will only happen if we deal Andujar or Didi, I don't see a fit right now. Amazing talent but I think Cashman will get involved to drive his price up a lot

Happ is one of the more overrated guys out there. Hardly much of an upgrade. I seriously doubt that Dombrowski would go after him. Don't think Cashman is that dumb either. Go big or go home. Happ is not the answer.

They do have spending leeway. But 35M a year, they can have him for 10 years.

Doubt he’s at $35 mil a year. I have a strong suspicion that he’s a Yankee next year. I could also see a scenario where Andujar is moved for pitching after that.

Machado to 3B
    Andujar plus for DeGrom
    Sheffield moves into the rotation
    Frazier takes over LF
    Carroll or Kahnle move up to take over for Robertson

Team would be reloaded

I just read that Yankees might be inclined to deal Sonny Gray, he has been a huge disappointment, they even mention the Brewers are players for him.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf...appointin.html

Don't know if this can happen, sometimes he looks very good, but most of the time he's nothing more than a punching bag out there