Quote Originally Posted by Natick to NC View Post
No way that idiot owner in Baltimore trades Mchado to the team he hates the most .I give the man credit if he does but the hate is real .
Peter Angelos is taking a far less aggressive role in every day operations and his sons are taking over. They’re not as hard up against the Yankees as dear old Dad was. The most important thing for the Orioles is getting back the best they can get. If Manny goes to NYY and wins a title, but the package they get back ends up helping them then it’s a win win.

I am still perplexed as to the why, though. Our lineup is the deepest in baseball already. When Torres and Sanchez come back, we will have a 1-9 that can hurt you almost equally throughout especially with Bird showing the power bat we know he has. My guess is a Machado deal is the first domino of a larger deal to get an ace which would involve Andujar. You don’t deal top prospects for rentals, so I think Manny will come cheaper than most think. But a guy like DeGrom or Bumgarner is going to be expensive as hell