Register now to remove this ad

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I disagree on the TOTR starter. I think we need an innings eater type to save our pen come post season. Once we get into the postseason, that innings eater or Gray (whomever is sucking the least) can “start” game 4 of any series we play with the pen rescuing them at the first sign of trouble.

We’re going to follow the 2015 Royals method of playoff staff management. Sevy, CC and Tanaka will get a few innings leash then will go batter by batter with the pen coming in for the rescue. The fourth slot will be filled by a “starter” who’ll get bounced after a couple innings at the first sign of trouble.

Also, in the playoffs, the spacing is different. You can use a reliever literally every game and they’ll still get standard rest as long as they’re only going one inning a game. As it stands, we’ve got Holder, Green, Warren, KRob, Betances, and Chapman who are all pitching well. Kahnle should be back up soon as he’s dominating in the minors again. That’ll be 7 guys with lights out stuff and numbers. We can take the game from the 3rd inning on and have our pen shut it down
    It might work, but a lot of "if" in your model, if Tanaka pitches something close to last year playoffs, if CC can keep his dominance towards the end of the year. The safest bet, in my opinion, is to add a big game pitcher during the season, I'm not talking about Happ or Hamels type of pitcher, I'm more inclined to get a deGrom or MadBum type; I know it's a tall order and might need to give up a LOT to get either of them.

I don't see passing us over the Astros in a 7 games series, they have an improved rotation and their lineup is very good. I like our chances against the SOX, even if they are clicking right now, we match up good against them.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Here is the reality: Right now , the Sox have a better team than the Yankees. I am sure that Cashman realizes this and will do something to try and improve his team. That will not be easy unless he agrees to deal some top young talent. He has to make that decision soon.
    I believe he already has his mind set in what he will do, he's stubborn and doubt he deals away top talent to get what this team needs (TOTR). I trust Cashman but he might need to go out of his comfort zone on this trade market to improve the team.

Here is the reality: Right now , the Sox have a better team than the Yankees. I am sure that Cashman realizes this and will do something to try and improve his team. That will not be easy unless he agrees to deal some top young talent. He has to make that decision soon.
    Disagree with that sentiment. We’ve got two all stars returning after the break. I also think we’re better equipped for playoff baseball with our pen. That being said, the Sox go thermonuclear against bad teams and no matter who we add, we may not be able to catch them for the division

I'd be fine if they added someone like Eovaldi who can be a #4 starter. Probably wouldn't cost much and at this point anyone is an upgrade over Sonny. I don't think the need for a starter is that great unless there is a serious injury to one of our top three. Sheffield can always be called up in the second half to be the 5th starter (unless we trade him for Machado).

And speaking of which, the O's just said they want Sheffield in any Yankees deal for Machado. Seems like a steep price for half a year of a position player where we already have a solid starter. If Cash does feel inclined to pull off some huge trade and wipe out our farm, I hope it's for Snell or MadBum.
    Last edited by bkzwhitestrican; 07-11-2018 at 11:09 AM.

I think it is obvious that the Yankees need at least one good starter. Gray looks like a basket case. Tanaka is simply not consistently good. They are taking a big gamble if they stick with the current rotation and count on the bullpen to save them. Look for the Sox to gradually pull away in the race.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    I'd be fine if they added someone like Eovaldi who can be a #4 starter. Probably wouldn't cost much and at this point anyone is an upgrade over Sonny. I don't think the need for a starter is that great unless there is a serious injury to one of our top three. Sheffield can always be called up in the second half to be the 5th starter (unless we trade him for Machado).

And speaking of which, the O's just said they want Sheffield in any Yankees deal for Machado. Seems like a steep price for half a year of a position player where we already have a solid starter. If Cash does feel inclined to pull off some huge trade and wipe out our farm, I hope it's for Snell or MadBum.

Agreed, if we empty the farm, we get a pitcher. If we can get Manny for peanuts, we do it

Thing is, we will have stupid amounts of money being available. We don't need Manny this year. We might be getting him for next year plus adding a pitcher. We will reset our debt and then see $38 mil come off the books with Sabathia, KRob and Gardner moving on. We are below $190 mil as a team. We will be around $160 mil with minimal arb raises next year. We can go as high as $240 mil. We technically will have $80 mil to play with in the offseason, in addition to a 100 win team that comes back with a stocked farm and MLB ready replacements for outgoing players
    Last edited by jacksonianmarch; 07-11-2018 at 11:54 AM.
    Hal sucks

I think it is obvious that the Yankees need at least one good starter. Gray looks like a basket case. Tanaka is simply not consistently good. They are taking a big gamble if they stick with the current rotation and count on the bullpen to save them. Look for the Sox to gradually pull away in the race.
    Might wanna slow down there friend. I'm pretty sure the Sox had an awesome run to start the year, only to relinquish their commanding division lead to the superior team in the division. This is just the second act

@BarstoolHubbs
    12m12 minutes ago
    More
    I would say more likely than not the Yankees are landing Machado. I don’t know if it’s today but MY GUY has told me it’s close. Don’t know package

Not sure how serious to take this guy.

Let's look at money for next year right now in terms of predicting next year's club and what work they'll do at deadline

2018 AAV as it pertains to the cap
    Stanton $22 mil
    Tanaka $22.1 mil
    Ellsbury $21.8 mil
    Chapman $17.2 mil
    Gardner $2 mil buyout
    Gregorius Final arb year (est $12 mil)
    Gray 3rd arb yr (est $7 mil)
    Betances final arb year (est $8 mil)
    Hicks final arb year (est 8 mil)
    Kahnle second arb year (est $2 mil)
    Romine final arb year (est $2.5 mil)
    Severino first arb year (est $8 mil)
    Bird first arb year (est $2 mil)

That's $135 mil in terms of non renewable contracts. There are 27 other guys should we not add anyone who would be making the minimum, so that adds $6.5 mil to the ledger. We will have an estimated budget of $141.5 mil then add in the $13-15 mil or so in benefits and we are at $155 mil. The lux tax phases up to $206 mil in 2019. We could theoretically spend $51 mil on our club in the offseason and not hit the lux tax. We could spend almost $40 mil above that before we hit the final marker. We are poised to add significantly in the FA market next year. We have approx. $16 mil to spend this year before hitting the tax. We can add anything. We could deal for Manny for peanuts then re-sign him and not lose a draft pick.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    @BarstoolHubbs
    12m12 minutes ago
    More
    I would say more likely than not the Yankees are landing Machado. I don’t know if it’s today but MY GUY has told me it’s close. Don’t know package

Not sure how serious to take this guy.
    Anyone with "Barstool" in their name can be ignored for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Anyone with "Barstool" in their name can be ignored for the most part.
    I would generally agree. BUT Barstool was actually the first one to break news about Stanton and the Yankees before anyone even knew what was going on.

Yankees made a “strong offer” for Machado. Cashman usually gets what he goes for. Sheffield is apparently NOT in the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Yankees made a “strong offer” for Machado. Cashman usually gets what he goes for. Sheffield is apparently NOT in the offer.
    If this is true, it means that Andujar might be part of another deal for a SP, if Andujar is included in any deal it means that it's somebody really good

No way that idiot owner in Baltimore trades Mchado to the team he hates the most .I give the man credit if he does but the hate is real .

Quote Originally Posted by Natick to NC View Post
    No way that idiot owner in Baltimore trades Mchado to the team he hates the most .I give the man credit if he does but the hate is real .
    I know, for me is still a long shot.

But it would be a good move by the O's, they have a crappy farm and this is a nice way to start a rebuild, the rumor is that Cashman is going after Britton as insurance in the case Chapman goes down.