Register now to remove this ad

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Yankees Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    I thought it was a good deal for the Blue Jays--they acquired two guys who have a real shot at being starting players, Drury at 3b and McKinney in the OF. Getting two starting position players for a couple of months of Happ is nice work.

From the Yankees perspective, they have the depth to overpay for Happ. They key for the Yankees was holding on to the top prospects--Sheffield and Florial. So, a win-win for both teams.

I would rather have Wheeler over Happ but it sounds like the Mets want one really good prospect for Wheeler at least. Wheeler would have cost the Yankees Sheffield or Florial, plus other pieces.
    There is no way the Mets are getting a Sheffield level prospect for Wheeler.

I thought it was a good deal for the Blue Jays--they acquired two guys who have a real shot at being starting players, Drury at 3b and McKinney in the OF. Getting two starting position players for a couple of months of Happ is nice work.

From the Yankees perspective, they have the depth to overpay for Happ. They key for the Yankees was holding on to the top prospects--Sheffield and Florial. So, a win-win for both teams.

I would rather have Wheeler over Happ but it sounds like the Mets want one really good prospect for Wheeler at least. Wheeler would have cost the Yankees Sheffield or Florial, plus other pieces.
    We’re agreeing a lot lately

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    We’re agreeing a lot lately
    Most of our disagreements centered around C.Frazier.

I think we disagreed about Sheffield too, but I've actually changed my mind on him and really like him as a prospect.

Sheff is a dominant pitcher in a small frame. I doubt he pitches into his late 30s retaining good heat, but he could certainly keep the heat through his 20s

Yanks in on Jose Bautista. His numbers have actually been very solid this season and his .380OBP is insane.

Yanks are also in on Chris Archer, although I doubt very much that he is moved
    The rebuild is complete.

Yanks getting Bautista would feel very wrong.. akin to when we signed Youkilis.

Yankees are very interested in Cameron Maybin, not sure why. I get the need for a depth OFer with Judge being hurt, but Maybin sucks offensively and Shane Robinson is actually a better defender.

Maybin brings them the ability to steal bases. Added speed doesn't hurt. Then again, Wade gives them that as well
    The rebuild is complete.

C.Frazier, Brian Cashman's favorite trade chip--he can't get rid of him fast enough--was put on the DL for a concussion. This was the second time this year that Frazier landed on the DL due to concussion. With the trade deadline coming up, the timing couldn't be more problematic for the Yankees: a second concussion will give teams pause in trading for Frazier. To obtain a SP, the Yankees will need to turn to other trade chips. I doubt they can use Loaisiga in a trade (shoulder). Of course, the Yankees still have Florial and Sheffield and could obtain a really good starter with those two. According to reports, however, the Yankees are unwilling to trade Sheffield.

The Yankees might look to obtain more of a 4th or 5th starter, a guy who won't require a top prospect. But this might not be the best strategy. The Yankees are one of the best teams in baseball--why not go all out for a SP and increase the team's odds of winning a championship?
    Incorrect .....

By Randy Miller rmiller@njadvancemedia.com
    NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

NEW YORK -- Yankees outfielder Clint Frazier's second head injury of the season, a migraine issue that is ongoing, didn't stop opposition clubs from trying to deal for him leading up to Tuesday's trade deadline.

Apparently several clubs tried to pry Frazier from the Yankees.

Like last winter, Yankees GM Brian Cashman opted to keep Frazier, a talented 23-year-old who has been on the disabled list since July 20 due to dizziness after being sidelined from Feb. 24 until April 26 with a concussion.

"He's been asked about," Cashman, who made five big trades in the last week, said Tuesday before the Yankees' 6-3 win over the Baltimore Orioles. "He was asked about during this deadline regardless of being on the DL because obviously if you're a buyer and you're looking to fight another day, you're looking to invest in future like we did not too long ago. And if you're going to do that, he's going to be somebody you should be asking about.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf...rt_river_index

Blue Jays should petition MLB to void the JA Happ trade. The Yankees traded them damaged goods. Drury has a broken hand at the time of the trade.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyWilliams View Post
    Incorrect .....

By Randy Miller rmiller@njadvancemedia.com
    NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

NEW YORK -- Yankees outfielder Clint Frazier's second head injury of the season, a migraine issue that is ongoing, didn't stop opposition clubs from trying to deal for him leading up to Tuesday's trade deadline.

Apparently several clubs tried to pry Frazier from the Yankees.

Like last winter, Yankees GM Brian Cashman opted to keep Frazier, a talented 23-year-old who has been on the disabled list since July 20 due to dizziness after being sidelined from Feb. 24 until April 26 with a concussion.

"He's been asked about," Cashman, who made five big trades in the last week, said Tuesday before the Yankees' 6-3 win over the Baltimore Orioles. "He was asked about during this deadline regardless of being on the DL because obviously if you're a buyer and you're looking to fight another day, you're looking to invest in future like we did not too long ago. And if you're going to do that, he's going to be somebody you should be asking about.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf...rt_river_index
    Frazier and cashman having a Twitter war. Ahahaahahahahahahaha
    other names i have posted under: none