Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aching for Orsillo

Aching for Orsillo

First, an intro. A baseball fan first. a Yankees fan second. Brought up that if my team didn't win, then you root for the team within your division so in '67, '75 and '86 I was in the Red Sox corner. Then in 2004 all you know what broke loose. I was never a loud and obnoxious Yankee fan and wanted for my Red Sox friends to win one before their time was up. But, there was a group of guys who worked for me who let me have it for weeks and from there I took on a much different tone with Red Sox fans, unfortunately. This years team is fun to watch and I think they have as good of a chance to take it all as anyone, perhaps a better chance than most, including the Yanks and the Astros. Live in Maine and don't get YES but do watch the Sox on NESN religiously and I have to tell you I cannot stand Dave O'Brien. I watch a lot of sports, men and women's and I couldn't stand him when he did girls college basketball and it is most difficult to take his babbling on a night to night basis. Bring back Don Orsillo - he and Remy had great chemistry.

Some things you just have to live with.

The only good part of OB is that he sticks to the game better than DO did. With DO, they’d already be into some Joseph Aboud shtick by the 2nd inning.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

"I feel your pain".
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    I've never watched O'Brien on TV, but I really liked him and Castiglione on the radio. I still love Joe, but I don't really like any of the guys who work with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Remy and Orsillo together were the best.

#bringbackdon

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Remy and Orsillo together were the best.

#bringbackdon
    It won't happen but it sure would be nice to see before Remy leaves us.

The cool thing is that Don landed in a really "cool" spot. Foxsports San Diego posts a lot of Padres content on Facebook. So about 4-5 times each week I get so see and hear clips of Dons calls. He has not changed. That voice is like going home and I miss having a robust and steady diet of his game calling.

The guys he shares the booth with are willing co-conspirators in sophomoric humor during each game. It's really funny shit if you get to see.

Sometimes I watch Padres games on line as I work around the house. Just having Dons voice to listen to is enjoyable.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post

The cool thing is that Don landed in a really "cool" spot. Foxsports San Diego posts a lot of Padres content on Facebook. So about 4-5 times each week I get so see and hear clips of Dons calls. He has not changed. That voice is like going home and I miss having a robust and steady diet of his game calling.

The guys he shares the booth with are willing co-conspirators in sophomoric humor during each game. It's really funny shit if you get to see.

Sometimes I watch Padres games on line as I work around the house. Just having Dons voice to listen to is enjoyable.
    Good stuff Spud.

I may have to watch more Padres games just to listen to Don. The tough part is that they're usually on so doggone late.

#bringbackdon

O’Brien has zero clue when a hard hit ball is a dinger or a fly out. That is one of many reasons I don’t like his play by play....
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    #bringbackdon

O’Brien has zero clue when a hard hit ball is a dinger or a fly out. That is one of many reasons I don’t like his play by play....
    In his defense he does seem to be able to distinguish a "routine fly ball" from a "seed".

I agree with you.

You people love to complain about everything. I loved Don, I love OB. Yes, he's not the same, but it still works.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post

And Petco STANDS AS ONE!

And Petco STANDS AS ONE!
    I have not heard him say that yet.

https://twitter.com/DonOrsillo/statu...90504718987265

Don Orsillo

Verified account

@DonOrsillo

Next Weekend assigned to Boston and Fenway for @MLBONFOX Saturday with AJ Pierzynski and David Cone. @Yankees @RedSox Looking forward to seeing many friends.

Woot!

https://twitter.com/DonOrsillo/statu...90504718987265

Don Orsillo

Verified account

@DonOrsillo

Next Weekend assigned to Boston and Fenway for @MLBONFOX Saturday with AJ Pierzynski and David Cone. @Yankees @RedSox Looking forward to seeing many friends.

Woot!
    I second that!

Welcome home Don!