Register now to remove this ad

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: 6/30 @ ny

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    More reasons to love JD's game. Last night, he only put 1 home run type swing on a ball, but still managed to 3 hits and 3 RBI. The only out that he made was on hit HR swing. Also, that first inning never happens if he isn't busting it down the line on his ground ball. He busted it hard down the line. It was extremely hot last night. For the National Anthem, each team sent out their coaches and maybe 2 or 3 players. Everyone else stayed in the air conditioned clubhouse.
    That first inning AB was a classic. And you're right, he hustles. He does everything the way you're supposed to.

The game was over with Devers grand slam. Like a first round knockout. Actually , I thought it was over when I first saw the look on Sonny Gray's face. Looked like a nervous little boy going on his first date. Cashman will rue that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    The game was over with Devers grand slam. Like a first round knockout. Actually , I thought it was over when I first saw the look on Sonny Gray's face. Looked like a nervous little boy going on his first date. Cashman will rue that deal.
    Maybe Cashman can find the next Sonny Gray this deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    You're another one I tend to disagree with, but not this time. Dead on. I like the coin flip metaphor especially because it underscores the simple arithmetic fact that right now the two most likely wild card teams are the Yankees, who are winning 66% of their games, and the Mariners who are winning 63% of theirs. That's miniscule. Throw in the Sox at 67% and the Astros at 65%, and all four teams are bunched closely together in terms of probability of winning a game.
    Glad to be a member of your "disagreement" team, and here's another. Grew up originally in MA and RI, moved to Dallas for 18 years , and would return to Texas in a heartbeat, where I had no trouble making friends. Living in lunatic CA only due to family reasons as a concession to happy wife-happy life. Let's just agree to friendly disagree on some baseball opinions, not all. You do have some great stats.

The grand salami did shut up the crowd and Bradley's catch finished them off. In the first inning with 2 outs, this dope in an ARod jersey about 4 rows in front of me started with the standing nonsense with 2 strikes and 2 outs. He did it when JD was up and then he did it when Moreland went to 2 strikes. It was hot as blazes, and all i could think was if this stupidity caught on, I would have heat exhaustion from standing all game to see the hitter. After Devers grand slam, there was no more standing.

BTW, that stupid standing with 2 strikes and 2 outs phenomena started at Yankee Stadium in a game when Guidry k'd 19. I think they were Angels. It was annoying then, and it is still annoying.
    "Dope in an ARod jersey" is kind of redundant, no?

What I really hate is the 300 curtain calls they have during a game. I can understand a curtain call for a really special moment, but Yankees fans take it to a whole new level.

Glad you had a great game to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    "Dope in an ARod jersey" is kind of redundant, no?

What I really hate is the 300 curtain calls they have during a game. I can understand a curtain call for a really special moment, but Yankees fans take it to a whole new level.

Glad you had a great game to enjoy.
    Thanks!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."