Register now to remove this ad

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Lebron is a Laker

  1. #1

    Lebron is a Laker

    4 year deal. Lets see who he pulls to LA
    The rebuild is complete.

  2. #2
    Resident Old Fart Spudboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    24,363
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    4 year deal. Lets see who he pulls to LA
    George signed a deal with OKC.

    Maybe that twat from San Antonio Leonard.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  3. #3
    El Niño Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    H-Town, CT
    Posts
    11,336
    Kawhi's the only hope left. I like the move though. I knew he was going to go there. On the bright side, the Celtics have the east to themselves
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  4. #4
    Resident Old Fart Spudboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    24,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Kawhi's the only hope left. I like the move though. I knew he was going to go there. On the bright side, the Celtics have the east to themselves
    When I heard a couple of weeks ago that LeBron's Son had been enrolled in school in LA it became obvious where he wanted to go.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  5. #5
    beancounter Jacoby_Ellsbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,961
    The Lakers can't put together an acceptable trade package for Leonard, otherwise the deal would already be done. Ingram's a B-list prospect, nobody wants Lonzo on account of his crazy family, Kuzma's ceiling is an Antawn Jamison type guy, and that's really all they got. First round picks aren't that useful when they're coming from a surefire playoff team. Only way Kawhi's a Laker this season is if the Spurs get no other trade offers and blink. Maybe if a third team gets involved, but what team is going to pave Kawhi's way to LA in return for peanuts?

    LeBron didn't do this for basketball reasons (hurr durr), he just wants to be in LA full time so he can get his showbiz career off the ground.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Jasonbay44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    16,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Kawhi's the only hope left. I like the move though. I knew he was going to go there. On the bright side, the Celtics have the east to themselves
    DeMarcus Cousins is also a possibility for them. They've shown mutual interest in each other. Celtics are the favorites in the East, but the East is an even bigger joke now. Whoever makes Finals will continue to get slaughtered by Golden State.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Jasonbay44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    16,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    The Lakers can't put together an acceptable trade package for Leonard, otherwise the deal would already be done. Ingram's a B-list prospect, nobody wants Lonzo on account of his crazy family, Kuzma's ceiling is an Antawn Jamison type guy, and that's really all they got. First round picks aren't that useful when they're coming from a surefire playoff team. Only way Kawhi's a Laker this season is if the Spurs get no other trade offers and blink. Maybe if a third team gets involved, but what team is going to pave Kawhi's way to LA in return for peanuts?

    LeBron didn't do this for basketball reasons (hurr durr), he just wants to be in LA full time so he can get his showbiz career off the ground.
    Spurs really don't have much of a choice. Kawhi isn't re-signing and wont commit to re-signing with other teams like Philly, he's basically trying to force his way to the Lakers one way or the other.

  8. #8
    beancounter Jacoby_Ellsbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Spurs really don't have much of a choice. Kawhi isn't re-signing and wont commit to re-signing with other teams like Philly, he's basically trying to force his way to the Lakers one way or the other.
    Sure they do. The Spurs can hold on to him until February then sell him off as a rental. There will be plenty of teams interested and they might even get a better deal than the crumbs the Lakers are offering them now. Or the Spurs could just stick it to him and keep him for the entire year. Send a message that they're not going to be bullied by some guy trying to strong-arm his way out of town for a shoe deal.

    The Lakers have nothing impressive to give San Antonio. None of their first round picks will be worth anything. Ingram is not a can't-miss prospect by any means. He's not even a particularly good one, he's supposed to be a scorer yet he couldn't even get 20ppg on an empty roster last year. There is no pressure on the Spurs to make a deal with them.
    Last edited by Jacoby_Ellsbury; 07-01-2018 at 09:43 PM.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator Jasonbay44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    16,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    Sure they do. The Spurs can hold on to him until February then sell him off as a rental. There will be plenty of teams interested and they might even get a better deal than the crumbs the Lakers are offering them now. Or the Spurs could just stick it to him and keep him for the entire year. Send a message that they're not going to be bullied by some guy trying to strong-arm his way out of town for a shoe deal.

    The Lakers have nothing impressive to give San Antonio. None of their first round picks will be worth anything. Ingram is not a can't-miss prospect by any means. He's not even a particularly good one, he's supposed to be a scorer yet he couldn't even get 20ppg on an empty roster last year. There is no pressure on the Spurs to make a deal with them.
    Nobody is going to give up more than the Lakers, when Leonard isn't guaranteeing he'll re-sign, in fact he's even implying he won't re-sign and plans to sign with Lakers in off season. Kawhi also was cleared by the Spurs last year and just decided he wasn't going to play because he didn't trust the Spurs, or whatever his bullshit he was spewing was. When you have a guy, who literally will quit on your team and not play in playoff games, he's demanding a trade, and won't guarantee he'll re-sign with anyone but one team, its hard to get much value for him and other teams know this and are either avoiding the situation or low balling. There is no reason for a team like, say the Celtics to give up Brown or Tatum.

    Ingram is only 20, and improved a lot last year, he definitely has trade value, and there is no way to possibly know how good or not good he'll end up being, but he's definitely improving. There is conflicting reports of what LA is actually offering, but its hard to believe San Antonio get's a much better offer than Ingram and Kuzma, two good young players.

  10. #10
    beancounter Jacoby_Ellsbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Nobody is going to give up more than the Lakers, when Leonard isn't guaranteeing he'll re-sign, in fact he's even implying he won't re-sign and plans to sign with Lakers in off season. Kawhi also was cleared by the Spurs last year and just decided he wasn't going to play because he didn't trust the Spurs, or whatever his bullshit he was spewing was. When you have a guy, who literally will quit on your team and not play in playoff games, he's demanding a trade, and won't guarantee he'll re-sign with anyone but one team, its hard to get much value for him and other teams know this and are either avoiding the situation or low balling. There is no reason for a team like, say the Celtics to give up Brown or Tatum.
    Hence the word "rental". You'd be surprised at what teams might be willing part with at the trade deadline when they're looking for the missing piece, and they'll have a lot more motivation to make it worth San Antonio's while than the Lakers do right now with their take-it-or-leave-it offers. This season is probably Toronto's last chance to contend for a title. Milwaukee's running out of time with Giannis and could really use a deep playoff run. Ditto for New Orleans and Anthony Davis. The Sixers could get antsy if February rolls around and they're sitting in 4th-5th place in the conference. There will be teams in the market.

    If Kawhi's value is already shot, and the offer coming from the Lakers is garbage and will not get any better (they have nothing to trade), then what's the harm in San Antonio holding onto him?

    Ingram is only 20, and improved a lot last year, he definitely has trade value, and there is no way to possibly know how good or not good he'll end up being, but he's definitely improving. There is conflicting reports of what LA is actually offering, but its hard to believe San Antonio get's a much better offer than Ingram and Kuzma, two good young players.
    If an "elite scoring prospect" can't put up anything even close to elite scoring numbers in his second NBA season on a completely barren roster, he's no good. Ingram is the next Michael Beasley. There's a reason a Spurs-Lakers trade hasn't already been completed - because San Antonio doesn't fucking want him.

  11. #11
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,760
    LeBron in a Lakers uniform just looks so wrong.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •