Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Thornburg Returns

Tyler Thornburg Returns

https://redsoxunfiltered.com/2018/05...s-the-red-sox/

The Red Sox just optioned Cuevas to bring back Thornburg. While he will never be worth what we gave up to get him, I’m looking forward to seeing what he’s got

All-Star
    Tonight's game would have been a good first outing for him.

It's been a long time .I am also looking forward to this and what this means for the pen going forward .

Quote Originally Posted by fxkatt View Post
    Tonight's game would have been a good first outing for him.
    It would have been. Maybe they just want to bring him up a bit, see the feel of MLB again for a bit, but yea, this was low intensity for most of the game.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

There's no doubt the SOX need another BP arm and MAYBE Thornburg is the answer, but the Yankems BP, except for Benances and Chapman are no great shakes either.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    There's no doubt the SOX need another BP arm and MAYBE Thornburg is the answer, but the Yankems BP, except for Benances and Chapman are no great shakes either.
    Green, Holder, Robertson, and Warren say hi
    Hal sucks

I applaud his courage for working so hard to get back.

But if we are being honest, if he is going to have any success, he will need to bring his game up a ton from what he showed in his rehab outings.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    I applaud his courage for working so hard to get back.

But if we are being honest, if he is going to have any success, he will need to bring his game up a ton from what he showed in his rehab outings.
    Makes one want to throw another F you to C.Smith for his self-inflicted injury.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Makes one want to throw another F you to C.Smith for his self-inflicted injury.
    Nothing wrong with having passion and emotion in this game. I just wish he was more mature about he expressed it!

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Green, Holder, Robertson, and Warren say hi
    Good point. Betances & wife beater belong in the no great shakes club with the rest of those bums....
    other names i have posted under: none

Duplicate. Stupid iPad
    other names i have posted under: none

A strong Thornburg will go a long way in making me feel better about the bullpen. As important as starting pitching is, the Sox bullpen will determine how far the Sox go. In the playoffs closing games out is the difference between winning championships or just participating in. The last two years the Sox just participated in.

I really think that regardless of what Thornburg does, Dombrowski needs to add another reliever, even though I happen to think our pen is pretty good as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I really think that regardless of what Thornburg does, Dombrowski needs to add another reliever, even though I happen to think our pen is pretty good as is.
    Dombrowski has one of the worst track records in making any bullpen related deals. One could argue his only success (Kimbrel) was due to overpaying. His ineptitude probably cost the Tigers a World Series title during their window of opportunity (and helped the Sox).

Quote Originally Posted by Carbo-Diem View Post
    Dombrowski has one of the worst track records in making any bullpen related deals. One could argue his only success (Kimbrel) was due to overpaying. His ineptitude probably cost the Tigers a World Series title during their window of opportunity (and helped the Sox).
    Let's hope his luck changes.