Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sox Underrated Minor Leaguers

Assuming he can find the needle again

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    And you have not lost your needle.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Small sample size, but Chavis has done well since his suspension ended

Legend
    Thanks Kent is Pitching tomorrow in Hartford, and Sharwaryn is Pitching Sunday, plan on going to both games.

Watching Shaun Anderson pitch well in double a is so extruciating. And all we got was Nunez.

Desperate dave is so clueless!

Wait, so you're down on Yankee prospects on the national stage who are thriving yet you think the pile of trash in the sox minors will blossom? Dude, the sox are three years away only because of the INTL signings from the past few seasons. Otherwise, their drafts have been terrible and their development worse.
    This is why Sox fans hate the Spankees. Until a prospect shows he can do it in the majors they are just prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Watching Shaun Anderson pitch well in double a is so extruciating. And all we got was Nunez.

Desperate dave is so clueless!
    You're kind of a sick man, Larry.

That’s not my point. Boggs has been ripping the Yankee system yet has optimism that the stripped down and barren Sox system will blossom? It could happen, but it’d be blind luck rather than expectation at this point. The hypocrisy is deafening

Legend
    Chavis got promoted to Portland, and Phillips starts his rehab for Lowell tonight.

A guy that I think is under rated is gorst. He is a reliever, but I like his stuff.

I think he has a chance to be a major league reliever.

Legend
    Went to Portland game, I'll give Kent a incomplete, got hit hard in 1st inning, and a lot of loud outs. Might not have been his night. But he doesn't impress me at this point. Kid for Hartford, Garcia who they just promoted, impressed me more. Had better stuff. Pitched a heck of a game, in only his 2nd game he started for Double AA. 6 innings 3 hits, 7 K's, 0 Runs. Hartford won 5-0. In all honesty I liked the Kid in Lowell, Montero more than Kent. Kid has good stuff, for his age. Fastball at 95, with a hell of a change-up.

Lakins, gave up a run, a little erratic, with his control, but good fastball.
    The whole Offense stunk, Ockimey got a Double, and that was about it. Chavis over-matched K'd 4 times in this game. Last night for Lowell was off too, and that is a much easier League. Work in progress, I guess.
    Here's the write up, be going to game today too.https://www.milb.com/portland/news/h...ht/c-284747704
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 07-08-2018 at 05:04 AM.

The good news is the reason the system is so weak is because of the trades and graduations that have made the #1 team in baseball right now. A farm is supposed to supplement the big league club, but make no mistake this system is very weak.

With that said, I'd be very very very surprised if anyone currently on the Portland seadogs roster ends up being an impactful MLB player. I think the team has some talented players who may contribute in a bench role, or out of the pen and there's nothing wrong with that. But the system is deviod of any blue chippers.

With that said, there's a lot of talent in the low minors that if they pan out could really strengthen the system in a few years.

Legend
    Good to see you Hugh, kid down in Greenville, Reyes we should keep an eye on too. And Crawford too.
    By the way Houck had a nice outing last night, he has been pitching much better the last Month. Last 30 days Opponents are hitting .208 against him. It's his control, and walks that are hurting him. Last night 7 innings 2 BB's, 5 K's, 1 Run, 4 hits. His ERA is down under 5 now.

Work in progress and patience. Progress as season goes, that's important.
    By the way have you gone to new Park in Hartford? I know you went a lot to the New Britain Park. Only 10 minutes difference for me. Its beautiful.
    Yard Goats got a SS that is real good, should go see him. Brendan Rodgers, think he's in the Futures Game, SS of the future, for the Rockies.
    Senators got a real stud coming up at SS Kieboom. Probably move Turner to 2nd.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 07-08-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieWhigg View Post
    Small sample size, but Chavis has done well since his suspension ended
    How long does it take for the effects of steroids to wear off?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    How long does it take for the effects of steroids to wear off?
    Last I heard, chavis was still denying he used.