Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sox Underrated Minor Leaguers

So was Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    So was Bonds
    And Rawjah.

Deity
    Jason Giambi denied using steroids all the way through to the end of his public apology for using steroids...

"Manny!"

"Papi!"

"Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Legend
    https://www.minorleagueball.com/2018...eper-prospects

Reyes is 21 wont be 22 until Nov.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 07-15-2018 at 07:32 AM.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieWhigg View Post
    I know the Sox farm system isn't that great right now, but there are quite a few guys at Portland who have some great potential. Don't know why more people aren't talking about them.
    https://redsoxunfiltered.com/2018/07...ogs-prospects/
    This year it has been tough - so many of the top guys are just hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    And Rawjah.
    And Giambi, and Sheffield, and, and, and.... basically no one who roots for pinstripes has the right to complain about any other team for steroid abuse.

At least Pettitte and A-roid had the intestinal fortitude to admit to it
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Last I heard, chavis was still denying he used.
    Just about everyone denies it at first. They deny it until they can't deny it any longer.

Some, of course, take their denial to the extreme including roid head Roger Clemons.

Interestingly, as far as I know, no one has ever volunteered the info prior to getting caught. A-Rod and Pettitte, for example, only admitted to taking PEDs after getting caught. A-Rod admitted to using steroids a second time (through the Miami clinic) when he testified under oath and prosecutors gave him immunity.

Actually, maybe Jose Canseco is an exception. He may have admitted to using steroids prior to getting caught.
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 07-15-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Another guy to watch out for is Ty Buttrey. He is having a break through season as a reliever this year. He has earned a major league opportunity and could be the Red Sox closer of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    Another guy to watch out for is Ty Buttrey. He is having a break through season as a reliever this year. He has earned a major league opportunity and could be the Red Sox closer of the future.
    Which should come in September at the latest, since I think is already on the 40 man roster.

When he has command and control, he is a major league calibre reliever.

I like Buttrey. He's finally learned to limit his BB's. He has the tools to be an effective late inning guy, but has always control issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

With prospects like Ty Buttrey and D.Feltman, there is no need to resign Kimbrel to the 80-100 million dollar contract that he will demand. Instead, the Red Sox will get a draft pick for Kimbrel. You let the vets compete for the closer role in spring training next year (including J.Kelly, who I would resign). In the long run, Buttrey or Feltman could end up as the Red Sox closer.
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 07-16-2018 at 04:27 PM.

With prospects like Ty Buttrey and D.Feltman, there is no need to resign Kimbrel to the 80-100 million dollar contract that he will demand. Instead, the Red Sox will get a draft pick for Kimbrel. You let the vets compete for the closer role in spring training next year (including J.Kelly, who I would resign). In the long run, Buttrey or Feltman could end up as the Red Sox closer.
    Herrera is a free ag not this off season and probably cost less than Kimbrel and be almost as effective.

I sincerely hope you go this route. Please, DD, listen to FsB.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Herrera is a free ag not this off season and probably cost less than Kimbrel and be almost as effective.
    Herrera will be expensive. Kimbrel will likely cost closer to the $20 mil AAV mark where I expect Herrera in the $15 mil per annum mark. He is only 28, so he is gonna get a long term deal
    Hal sucks