Register now to remove this ad

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: 7/6 @ Kansas City

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    Let me know if one of the side effects is death. I think I might avoid it if it is.
    I'll post you immediately.

MVP....... get your ass back in here.........
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

We won!!

Someone has to say it!

Guerin looked absolutely lovely in that purple dress tonight.

KC is what being a small market team is all about. Make their run, cost of players becomes too great, break it down, and then rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by dustcover View Post
    Guerin looked absolutely lovely in that purple dress tonight.
    Agreed. She really is a beautiful woman. Super nice too as I’ve had the pleasure of meeting her in person.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Natick to NC View Post
    Workman is terrible
    He had a .75 ERA coming into the game.

'Tough crowd' is an understatement when it comes to these game threads.

Legend
    Yanks play 57% of their games the rest of the season on the road. Reason it's important is their hitting splits between hitting at the Stadium and hitting on the Road.
    At Home. .261 avg.
    Road .236 avg.
    They also have to play 10 games in 9 days going into All-Star break, hope they over-work that BP.
    If there was a time to put a little separation, now is it.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 07-07-2018 at 07:20 AM.

Deity
    I watched almost none of last night's game because three of our kids were here and it was great to talk to them. However, I did keep the mlb app tuned in to the game and realized after 2 innings it was in the bag. A quick check revealed the Yankees were going down at Toronto--giving the Sox a 2 game lead. The Yankees now have the same number of wins, 56, as the Mariners. I wonder how jacksonianmarch is taking that.

I note too that Cora is unlikely to bring Wright back before the All-Star Game and said again he thinks his policy of resting guys is working. About Pomeranz he said he has another AAA start coming up, hopefully for 4 innings, "and we'll go from there." Pretty noncommittal, which he should be. The real point is that the current rotation is pretty good, especially if Price gets his head out of his ass. Johnson is a typical 5th guy except that he has pitched pretty darn well if not a lot of innings.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    How hard up must NESN be? Does the same"new drug" cheap commercial come up EVERY HALF INNINg on the regular TV? I am in FL and watch the games on MLB.com. Fairly good feed for very little money, BU THESE COMMERCIALS! eVERY 1/2 INNING! nO LET UP! eVERY GAME? iT'S ACHEAP, CUT RATE COMMERCIAL THAT MUST HAVE COST $50 TO MAKE.

STOP IT, NESN!
    Meh. I live in Fairfax County and occasionally will be on the road when a game is on and end up listening to I think WEEI in Boston. One of the announcers lost weight on a program and regularly touts it during play by play. Used to be commercials were between half innings and the rest of the radio air time was about the game and baseball. It is off-putting to have those plugs intrude.

NESN is I believe owned by the Sox, John Henry.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    He had a .75 ERA coming into the game.

'Tough crowd' is an understatement when it comes to these game threads.
    We can be. I myself have been, but I also enjoy coming back later at pointing to a bad call I made, especially with starting pitchers. Last night Sale gave up 1 run in 6 innings, and the bullpen gave up 4 runs in 3 innings. Not a lot to cheer about there, but absolutely perfect timing--be lousy with a big lead as long as you keep the lead, which they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    We can be. I myself have been, but I also enjoy coming back later at pointing to a bad call I made, especially with starting pitchers. Last night Sale gave up 1 run in 6 innings, and the bullpen gave up 4 runs in 3 innings. Not a lot to cheer about there, but absolutely perfect timing--be lousy with a big lead as long as you keep the lead, which they did.
    Yeah, it was pure garbage time. The cardinal rule is don't walk anybody, which they didn't.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Nice play by Sale. He's just a very good athlete.
    One of the few plays I did see last night. Stunning. Sale is both a great athlete and a focused one. As soon as the ball is released he is getting ready to play defense--more so than any other Sox pitcher.

One of my favorite plays--ultimately an unsuccessful one-- occurred maybe 2 weeks ago when somebody laid down a beautiful drag bunt between the pitcher and first base--a sure hit if Sale didn't get it. So what does Sale do? He dives for the darn thing and almost gets it. He did not then do as Wright or Pom or a couple of others would have done--laid there in the grass begging for sympathy, three medics, the trainer, and maybe an orthopedic surgeon or two. Nope. He jumped back up and was ready to make the next play.

I do not remember any other Sox pitcher with the focus and athleticism of Chris Sale. And in fact he is one of the reasons why I continue to be dismissive of Pomeranz who is the exact opposite. ERod sometimes too.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 07-07-2018 at 07:48 AM.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Yankees will lose ground quickly. A ton more road games 2nd half of season....
    Let's see now. I count 6 eggs in this basket. That's six chickens, which will each produce at least 20 more eggs, which means 120 eggs which will of course become 120 chickens, and each of them . . . .

Right now it's enough for me to know the Sox have 160 wins, and the Yankees and Mariners both have 156 wins. Where's jacksonianmarch when you need him?