Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/6 @ Kansas City

Deity

7/6 @ Kansas City

Sale, lefty vs. Hammel, righty

On the surface, the Sox have a big edge with Sale on the mound, but Sale has had bad luck this year on run support and maybe tonight Hammel will be more like Hamels in his prime. Plus Kansas City itself has a rowdy reputation. Bad vibes. Kaufman Stadium can get very hot this time of year--I know, I've been there while posted across the Missouri River in Kansas. Nearby is the beginning of the Santa Fe Trail.

Legend
    Just something to throw out there, if the Sox make this Sale's last start till All-Star Game break, he'll have 2 weeks rest. Were not playing the strongest of schedule right now. Would this be good idea? He'll come back on the 20th against Detroit.

Good BBQ there. let us feast.
    WIN.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Just something to throw out there, if the Sox make this Sale's last start till All-Star Game break, he'll have 2 weeks rest. Were not playing the strongest of schedule right now. Would this be good idea? He'll come back on the 20th against Detroit.
    Even if Sale pitches 3 innings in the AS game he'll have three innings pitched in two weeks. This could be just the break he needs to help keep himself fresh going into October.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Legend
    What I would do is put up a BS injury in there so he misses next start and All-Star game. Back injury?

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Even if Sale pitches 3 innings in the AS game he'll have three innings pitched in two weeks. This could be just the break he needs to help keep himself fresh going into October.
    Severino might get the start.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

whomever starts is only getting 2 innings.
    other names i have posted under: none

Here it is July 6 , more than halfway through the season. Kansas City has just 25 wins. Pathetic. This is a team that was on top of the heap very recently. What happened ?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    I'm just hoping Sale can do 3 innings tonight. Royals can be tough on first Fridays in July in even numbered years, and Sale really extended himself vs. the Yankees.

I do agree with whoever says the AS starter will likely only go 2 innings. I also think Severino has the inside track for AL starter.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Here it is July 6 , more than halfway through the season. Kansas City has just 25 wins. Pathetic. This is a team that was on top of the heap very recently. What happened ?
    I have the same memory and same question, now that you mention it. I've always liked KC after they stopped being the Yankees farm club. I liked Bo Jackson a lot, also George Brett.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    They lost Cain, Hosmer, Holland, Herrera, Davis and Cueto via trade or FA. The one guy they extended (Gordon), turned into a pumpkin. Their ace, Ventura, died. The prospect machine was used to deal for pieces and then they started picking later in rounds. They need a rebuild. They got a title out of it and another world series berth. I think they'll take it
    Hal sucks

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    They lost Cain, Hosmer, Holland, Herrera, Davis and Cueto via trade or FA. The one guy they extended (Gordon), turned into a pumpkin. Their ace, Ventura, died. The prospect machine was used to deal for pieces and then they started picking later in rounds. They need a rebuild. They got a title out of it and another world series berth. I think they'll take it
    Good stuff. Thanks.

I always Liked Freddie Patek.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I always Liked Freddie Patek.
    I always though of Rojas & Patek as one of the best 'up the middle' duos in my memory. Those guys could pick it!
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

This is good news for Hammel. If things hold true he'll only give up a couple of runs tonight, which will be 3 1/2 runs below his ERA.

C'mon guys! Get Sale some runs tonight, will ya!!
    -Vin Scully