Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian Vazquez breaks finger, headed for DL

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    This isn’t a loss. Vasquez is not a great framer. He’s a good blocker. He’s deadly on the running game. He also cannot hit. Leon is a better hitter and what you may lose a bit in the running game, you’ll gain in Leon’s other abilities. I also think this is a spot the Sox look to upgrade. A lineup that’s 5 deep will struggle come playoff time.
    If you can get Sandy 4 days a week, that would be a lot. That means Swihart for 3.

All-Star
    Isn't Realmutto available right now. Trade Swihart and prospects... Well, maybe. But personally I think we're fine right now, even without V for 3-4 weeks.

The Marlins asked for Soto or Robles from the Nats for Realmuto. They won't settle for Swihart's garbage
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by fxkatt View Post
    Isn't Realmutto available right now. Trade Swihart and prospects... Well, maybe. But personally I think we're fine right now, even without V for 3-4 weeks.
    If we could make that trade I'd do it now !!! I'm the biggest Swihart fan but I would love Realmutto here .Yes he's available and so is the guy making a hell of a comeback in Tampa .

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The Marlins asked for Soto or Robles from the Nats for Realmuto. They won't settle for Swihart's garbage
    Swihart is far from Garbage man .The guy can play Catcher ,3b ,1b ,LF ,RF and yes he can pitch better than sonny Gray .Blake has been hitting by the way lately .Now we may see him hit well with normal playing time not once a month .I think a Swihart ,Beeks ,Chavis ,JBJ might be tempting .
    Last edited by Natick to NC; 07-08-2018 at 07:16 PM.

We will soon find out if Swihart can catch at the MLB level and whether he has any trade value. He’ll get an opportunity, so that will be good. Hopefully, he doesn’t shot all over himself and we can trade him before the trading deadline.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    Yes, I have him by 50 years and it is his pinky finger which might be less of a bother.
    lol - You still playing = winner in my book.

Like or dislike Vaz, even be neutral about Vaz. At this point, anything that rocks the boat is not good in my mind. Keep the good times rolling.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    lol - You still playing = winner in my book.
    I'm so friggin envious of Oldtimer.

In a good way!
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Crack me up, you think we're losing Carlton Fisk. What CV can do Leon can do, and Swihart will be OK.
    Boom.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

We will soon find out if Swihart can catch at the MLB level and whether he has any trade value. He’ll get an opportunity, so that will be good. Hopefully, he doesn’t shot all over himself and we can trade him before the trading deadline.
    Were you in a coma in 2015 my friend?

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Were you in a coma in 2015 my friend?
    LOL! Maybe I was in a coma. That was over 3 years ago. He wasn’t very good was my recollection. I am hoping that he can establish some value, so that he can, at the very least, he can be a trade chip.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

LOL! Maybe I was in a coma. That was over 3 years ago. He wasn’t very good was my recollection. I am hoping that he can establish some value, so that he can, at the very least, he can be a trade chip.
    Your recollection is faulty.

He was called up way too early out of need.

While he had problems with blocking balls and his hitting was weak early in the season, his hitting caught on. I think he was above league average.

I think his blocking skills are better. Clearly he needs to show that he can play without hurting the team.

I think that he will.

We need Blake Swihart to succeed if we want any return on him at the least and maybe find that player we drafted again.
    Last edited by Natick to NC; 07-08-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Your recollection is faulty.

He was called up way too early out of need.

While he had problems with blocking balls and his hitting was weak early in the season, his hitting caught on. I think he was above league average.

I think his blocking skills are better. Clearly he needs to show that he can play without hurting the team.

I think that he will.
    I think you have a soft spot for him. My recollection was that he was very raw as a catcher. And since his injury, there haven’t been any good reports about his development at catcher. I am hoping that he does well, but once Vasquez comes back, do you see a long term prospect for him at catcher with the Red Sox? If they don’t plan on him becoming the starting catcher, they should build his trade value and move him.