Thread: Christian Vazquez breaks finger, headed for DL

All-Star
    How wude...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    How wude...
    vadernoo.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Tell ya what, I'm gonna call him Jar Jar Beeks from now until he starts attacking the strike zone like a professional.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Showcase!
    I say the Sox sit him until July 31. Sorry Sandy but you are going to have to man up. The 2-4 "showcase" was as good as it's going to get last night. No need to play him some more so he can go 0-18.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbo-Diem View Post
    I say the Sox sit him until July 31. Sorry Sandy but you are going to have to man up. The 2-4 "showcase" was as good as it's going to get last night. No need to play him some more so he can go 0-18.
    That would be very foolish. He needs to function as a competent backup to boost his value and his durability. I wouldn't be surprised if he was catching at least 2 out of 5 games from now to the deadline.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Vaz isn't exactly rushed back. We have the luxury of taking our time here. Let him have some time to recover not just from the broken finger but from the ordinary aches and pains of catching regularly. A Vazquez with healthy knees in October could be a huge asset.
    Last edited by Dojji; 07-11-2018 at 01:34 PM.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbo-Diem View Post
    Crazy pills. Can't play a catcher that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")