Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: All Star Game

All Star Game

With the ASG no longer tied to home field in the World Series, am I the only one who could give two shits about it? If I’m Boone, I stretch Sevy to that final game vs Cleveland so he doesn’t pitch. Chapman should also use his knee as a reason not to play. I hope Judge also takes some time off too. I legitimately could care less and would rather my guys get the rest. Do Sox fans feel the same way?
    Hal sucks

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    With the ASG no longer tied to home field in the World Series, am I the only one who could give two shits about it? If I’m Boone, I stretch Sevy to that final game vs Cleveland so he doesn’t pitch. Chapman should also use his knee as a reason not to play. I hope Judge also takes some time off too. I legitimately could care less and would rather my guys get the rest. Do Sox fans feel the same way?
    As long as Boone doesn’t try to “squeeze” eight innings out of Sale...

Boone isn't the manager, Hinch is
    Hal sucks

Same here.

Yeah won't watch it .Best thing to ever happen to the All star game was Homefield attached to it .They ruined a great thing .

I'll be watching.

It's baseball with most of the best players in the world playing at the same time.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I'll be watching.

It's baseball with most of the best players in the world playing at the same time.
    And not giving two shits about the game. The home field attached did make me want to watch, surprising to say.

What they should do is use three different determinants of home field for the WS. A point for each. First to two gets home field

Interleague record NL vs AL
    W/L of the two teams
    All Star game outcome

If there’s a tie (AL and NL split, win-loss is same), playoff record to that point is the tie breaker.

That leave less up to chance but allows for the game to have some meaning.
    Last edited by jacksonianmarch; 07-08-2018 at 09:16 PM.

I honestly don't care about it either. I haven't really watched the last few years, and while the home field advantage thing was pretty dumb, it did increase my interest. Ill probably watch the home run derby though, and the celebrity game is usually pretty funny.

For whatever reason , there was a lot more interest in the game years ago. Ted's game winning homer. Then the years of N.L. dominance and the intensity of Pete Rose. The arguments over which league was superior. All of that started to change , perhaps due to the advent of interleague play. Nowadays , there is just not the same enthusiasm for the game. The home field advantage thing was just a gimmick to create interest , boost sagging ratings and help with TV contracts . Now , it is pretty much just a showcase for the top stars. But I'll be watching.

As long as Betts and JD aren't involved in the HR Derby, I have no problem with our 5 guys playing in the game, Beni has a very slim chance of being 6th SOX all-star. I was surprised to see Moreland selected; good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    As long as Betts and JD aren't involved in the HR Derby, I have no problem with our 5 guys playing in the game, Beni has a very slim chance of being 6th SOX all-star. I was surprised to see Moreland selected; good for him.
    Almost posted this a few weeks ago. But if Moreland makes it, I'd be a super happy man.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    Almost posted this a few weeks ago. But if Moreland makes it, I'd be a super happy man.
    How are you doing, super happy man?

Btw, let's all vote for Beni.

Deity
    And not giving two shits about the game. The home field attached did make me want to watch, surprising to say.

What they should do is use three different determinants of home field for the WS. A point for each. First to two gets home field

Interleague record NL vs AL
    W/L of the two teams
    All Star game outcome

If there’s a tie (AL and NL split, win-loss is same), playoff record to that point is the tie breaker.

That leave less up to chance but allows for the game to have some meaning.
    Why not just use best record like every other team sport on planet Earth?

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Why not just use best record like every other team sport on planet Earth?

Baseball isn't like any other team sport. It's better. Besides, it's not like the others don't have their own stupid rules. I've learned that from being forced to watch the world cup at work for the last few weeks. Why 3/4 of the planet goes crazy over this I'll never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.