Register now to remove this ad

Page 21 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave Dombrowski

May Shields is a Hunter.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

It doesn't appear that the nickname 'BIG GAME' will ever be used to describe Price.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    It doesn't appear that the nickname 'BIG GAME' will ever be used to describe Price.
    ...until this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    That could be, but I can't see a game changer type starter coming through the door. I don't see the Sox acquiring any starter that would be good enough to supplant Sale, Porcello, or Price as the top 3. It seems like if we do get a starter, it will be James Shields type, although they don't call him Big Game James for nothing. LOL
    SSS alert
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ...until this fall.
    Does Price have a hunting trip planned?

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    1. There is no rhyme.

2. Given the way he has pitched from the bullpen in the postseason, he might be known as Big Save Dave one day...

1. There is no rhyme.

2. Given the way he has pitched from the bullpen in the postseason, he might be known as Big Save Dave one day...
    I guess Beard Lice Price has already been taken

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    I guess Beard Lice Price has already been taken
    His dog Astro is so embarrassed by his performance he is thinking of changing dugouts during the game if the Sox play Houston in the playoffs.

Legend
    I hope Price kicks Ass.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    I hope Price kicks Ass.
    Amen to that.

I still like trotting Price out to the hill every 5 days. Everyone is jumping on him, but he has put up 10 wins. I understand that wins is not a great barometer of performance. However, it is a good barometer for knowing your team’s chance of winning when he takes the hill and I like that win ratio. He had a couple of really bad outings, but he also had a long string of very good outings. Now that I have thrown in on Price’s behalf, he will probably get blown up tonight. LOL!

I hope Price kicks Ass.
    You know what they say "you can hope in one hand and shit in the other, see which one fills up first".

I hope Price kicks Ass.
    I think Cora is "hoping" he can manage Price around the upcoming yankee series with a three man staff that Price happens to be one of.

I still like trotting Price out to the hill every 5 days. Everyone is jumping on him, but he has put up 10 wins. I understand that wins is not a great barometer of performance. However, it is a good barometer for knowing your team’s chance of winning when he takes the hill and I like that win ratio. He had a couple of really bad outings, but he also had a long string of very good outings. Now that I have thrown in on Price’s behalf, he will probably get blown up tonight. LOL!
    I agree with you. I think Price has pitched better, on the whole, than he is given credit for. I think he gets a lot of criticism because he hasn't pitched up to the fans' expectations of being an ace. The team is 13-6 in his starts, a .684 win %, which is pretty darn good.

Hate on Price all you want, it's obvious he isn't living up to the hype, but he IS on pace to put up about 220 IP. That counts for something. He may not give the best performances, but he tends to hang in there and chew up some innings. That's often all this offense needs.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.