Register now to remove this ad

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Thread: Dave Dombrowski

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    my post wasnt about how we rank vs the other 29 teams. it is how effective i perceive them to be in the postseason against the elite teams.
    I don't have a lot of confidence in our pen at this moment, but if our numbers show we're a top 6 pen, I'm not sure I have any more faith in other elite teams' pens either, if they have done worse than ours all year long. Even the Yankee pen is not unbeatable.

2018 Team Pen WAR Leaders

8.2 NYY
    6.7 Astros
    6.5 Padres
    4.9 Rays
    4.5 Brewers
    4.4 A's
    4.3 Sox
    4.2 Giants
    4.0 Mariners

We might end up facing the best two in MLB in the playoffs, but we're only 2-4 behind each, which if you look at 162 games it's just 1 out of 80 or 1 out of 40 difference in games won by the pen.

We are better in other areas than those teams.

We have just about the same pen as last year, but we have Brasier instead of Abad.

Last year, we had a 7.0 pen WAR (4th in MLB).

2017 to 2018 combined:

17.4 NYY
    12.4 HOU
    11.3 BOS
    9.8 LAD
    9.5 TBR
    9.3 MIL
    9.1 COL
    8.3 PHI
    7.7 TOR & CLE

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Well, Ty did string together 5 or 6 scoreless innings!
    And if that isn't enough to get him a nod for the Rolaids Reliever of the Yeat, then what is?

(I mean, besides resurrecting the Rolaids Reliever Award in the first place.)

Kinsler and Pedroia are very similar, although I suppose the girls find Kinsler better-looking...
    Plus he hits home runs.

And you know what they say....
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Kinsler is still a very good ballplayer IMO. And with some postseason experience and good postseason numbers.

Happy to have him.
    I like having Kinsler on our team too.

Not only does he solidify 2B, he also makes our depth/bench guys stronger.