Register now to remove this ad

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: 7/13 Toronto Blue Jays at Fenway

Legend
    Sometimes losses are good. It humbles you. You realize, how easy it is to lose if you lose your focus as a Team. If you get stronger mentally as a Team, it will be worth it in the long run.

Nothing is easy. Cant lose that mindset.

What a spooky game thread.

And now, the Ghost of Natick will return. He will return on all Friday the 13ths to come and haunt Talksox until all members active and inactive post the words "Be Best" that day. When it has been done, his Ghost will be returned to its slumber till the next unholy day. Or until Swihart hits a Grand Salami, it'll probably show up that day too.

muhahahaha muhahahaahahahah....
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Quick shoutout to Max. Another epic winning streak.
    Took a Friday the 13th to end this one.....
    Meh. I liked starting these threads, but know the team and Cora did all the work. I was really torqued at Porcello last night, but today am working on putting it behind me. Price bounced back. So can Porcello.

And this is a good team with a good manager. I think for the most part the hitting kept the streak going, and I do have some concerns about the pitching--both the rotation and bullpen--but the Sox are still on top by 3.5 games and other teams have their bad games too.

Oh, and I still think Happ injured Pearce intentionally because his command was so good until he nailed Pearce's foot in the middle of the batters box. On the fly, no hop, and 95 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Oh, and I still think Happ injured Pearce intentionally because his command was so good until he nailed Pearce's foot in the middle of the batters box. On the fly, no hop, and 95 mph.
    Why the heck would Happ do that? You think Pearce done him wrong when they were teammates, or you think Happ's a psycho?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    He was able to get hitters out last year. He pitch to a sub 1.00 WHIP, which is good for any reliever. Now he can't get lefties out. Always full count or walks, HBPs.
    I was livid when Cora left Wright in, but will not quarrel much about last night. Usual rule for starters is 7 runs. Porcello is an experienced starter having a good year until now with most wins on the team. And we all know by now the bullpen is not exactly a strength. They gave up 5 last night.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Why the heck would Happ do that? You think Pearce done him wrong when they were teammates, or you think Happ's a psycho?
    A fair question. I don't think it was personal, but was tactical. Pearce is hot, and the Sox are a tad short on bats right now. That 5 inning 4th by the Sox was semi-miraculous and needed errors, failure to leave foot on the base at 2d, etc and a magnificent at bat by Betts. When Pearce was hit, he was batting cleanup and the Jays had 2-0 lead and Happ was looking tough. Plus it was a fast ball that didn't even hit the deck and came from a guy who had pretty good command in that game. Oh, and when you hit them low like that your chances of getting them out of the game are that much better.

I could very well be wrong, but I am very suspicious.

Deity
    Well done, Youk, on Natick to NC. I did not read his political comments, but have myself tried to admonish him gently about his zeal in attacking players on game threads.

You also commented that game threads can get rough during losses. True. Of the 11 game threads I've just started, this is by far the longest and the only loss. I have decided this serves the useful purpose of venting, but even on threads on games lost there can still be many good insights. Like "yanks suck!@!"

Well done, Youk, on Natick to NC. I did not read his political comments, but have myself tried to admonish him gently about his zeal in attacking players on game threads.

You also commented that game threads can get rough during losses. True. Of the 11 game threads I've just started, this is by far the longest and the only loss. I have decided this serves the useful purpose of venting, but even on threads on games lost there can still be many good insights. Like "yanks suck!@!"
    Natick gone, there goes 60% of all game thread comments.

If Natick has been following the news , he will now " sincerely apologize " , state that he is so sorry if he offended anyone , beg for forgiveness , enter rehab and promise to play nice if he is reinstated. Sometimes it works.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Natick gone, there goes 60% of all game thread comments.
    Yeah, but very few of the meaningful ones.

OTOH, his being gone may lure a few more posters back.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

A fair question. I don't think it was personal, but was tactical. Pearce is hot, and the Sox are a tad short on bats right now. That 5 inning 4th by the Sox was semi-miraculous and needed errors, failure to leave foot on the base at 2d, etc and a magnificent at bat by Betts. When Pearce was hit, he was batting cleanup and the Jays had 2-0 lead and Happ was looking tough. Plus it was a fast ball that didn't even hit the deck and came from a guy who had pretty good command in that game. Oh, and when you hit them low like that your chances of getting them out of the game are that much better.

I could very well be wrong, but I am very suspicious.
    I think it is a very reasonable suspicion, but I don’t think he was trying to hit him. Pearce has eaten Happ’s lunch. Happ was probably trying to move his feet and make him a little uncomfortable. Most of the time a hitter moves his legs to avoid the pitch or just catch a glancing blow. Pearce’s front foot looked like it was stuck in cement as it was still planted when he got hit, making the impact worse.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Legend
    Leon Catching today and Swihart at first, that's a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Leon Catching today and Swihart at first, that's a surprise.
    That should help the production of the offense.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Legend
    Lin at 3rd too. It would be a good win today, with that. JBJ up to the 5th spot. E-Rod has to show up, and pound the Strike zone.