Register now to remove this ad

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: 7/20 Boston at Detroit

Judging from the ad that keeps popping up at the bottom of this site, it's like Trump 007. To Russia with love?

MRWGA

Making Russian Woman Great Again

Deity
    One win away from 40 games over 500.

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    One win away from 40 games over 500.
    That is an incredible number before 100 games are played. For all the consternation these guys bring , the record so far is amazing. I know about the 14+ game lead in 1978, watched that ball disapear into the net after crushing BF Dent's foot, but a 5.5 game lead right now feels pretty good. Every game won is one less that anyone can catch you with.

70-30 would be beyond amazing. I'm always hearing how a certain team is hot; they've won 7 of their last 10 games. The SOX have won 7 of their last 10 games all season, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    Price comes through, just as our bats go to sleep.

What a difference a year makes!

Last year, it was often the opposite.
    Price had a huge game !!

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    70-30 would be beyond amazing. I'm always hearing how a certain team is hot; they've won 7 of their last 10 games. The SOX have won 7 of their last 10 games all season, so far.
    That IS rather impressive especially when you put that way. Lol

Did Cora make any statement about Porcello not starting a game this weekend?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Legend
    Keep the positive vibes going. Good job David, and team. 1-0 games are more won with the mind, than anything else. You have to be focused every pitch, every play. Its not easy.

Deity
    Price looked really pretty good last night as did JD in the outfield.

I LOVE 1-0 games.
    Mr. Tingles with a GEM.

Love this team....
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Price looked really pretty good last night as did JD in the outfield.
    JD with 2 great plays!
    The first 1 is why I prefer JDM as the DH. God forbid he got hurt there.....
    other names i have posted under: none

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    JD with 2 great plays!
    The first 1 is why I prefer JDM as the DH. God forbid he got hurt there.....
    This I understand and it is the only reason I would encourage him to accept that dh role a little more. It would have 0 to do with his fielding ability out there. He isn't bad at all but no one wants to see this guy get hurt.

This I understand and it is the only reason I would encourage him to accept that dh role a little more. It would have 0 to do with his fielding ability out there. He isn't bad at all but no one wants to see this guy get hurt.
    It's a Catch-22 about playing JDM in the OF during the playoffs. IMO the only time he should see outfield grass is in the WS is when he has to play because we're in the NL park, but his best OF position is probably LF in Fenway.

And can we please not drool all over ourselves about his catch in RF last night? That catch was slightly more than routine for a "good" outfielder. He just made it harder than it was because of his lack of speed.

I appreciate the effort he put into it and I'm glad he made the catch, but still.......
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    It's a Catch-22 about playing JDM in the OF during the playoffs. IMO the only time he should see outfield grass is in the WS is when he has to play because we're in the NL park, but his best OF position is probably LF in Fenway.

And can we please not drool all over ourselves about his catch in RF last night? That catch was slightly more than routine for a "good" outfielder. He just made it harder than it was because of his lack of speed.

I appreciate the effort he put into it and I'm glad he made the catch, but still.......
    No one drooling here and no one comparing him to your boy. What I'm saying I guess is that there is no way he is as bad as lots of people paint him out to be. I also don't think that that catch was easy for anyone with any size to make. Different game when you are 5'10" and weigh maybe 180. It is just like the people who shit on Price all the time as far as I am concerned.

No one drooling here and no one comparing him to your boy. What I'm saying I guess is that there is no way he is as bad as lots of people paint him out to be. I also don't think that that catch was easy for anyone with any size to make. Different game when you are 5'10" and weigh maybe 180. It is just like the people who shit on Price all the time as far as I am concerned.
    Very true. But he's also not as good as some people make him out to be.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully